A 30yrs Old Lactating Mother of 2months Old Neonate presented to my OPD with Severe Pain Abdomen at Epigastric area & Peri-Umbilical areas.. USG Abdomen & Pelvis Report along with CBP.. Post your Treatment ideas & If possible, comment regarding the aetiological factors for this condition in this case..??

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

A case of CHOLELITHIASIS with biliary Pancreatitis with Widal positive inn1: 160 titre s of TO antibodies indicative of typhoid carrier as Gall bladder harbours Salmonella typhi bacteria in carriers. A MRCP required to rule out a small calculus in lower CBD causing pancreatitis. Start conservative treatment for Acute Pancreatitis with parenteral antibiotics , IV fluids, pancreatin preparations , Once patient is settled and CBD clearance is done if CBD calculus, an elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy is indicated

Valuable opinion

Calculus cholecystitis with pancreatitis With hepatitis_ obstruction jaundice Stone in CBD NILL BY MOUTH RT Monitor vital, Maintain electrolyte Im balance, IVF RL, DNS, D5% with Inj multivitamins IV Higher Antibiotics Inj metro Inj pan 40mg Inj bascopam / cyclopam Inj voveran sos Inj hepamerz +NS Inj emset Acute onset of pancreatitis is sabside Then ERCP with ENDOSCOPIC BILIARY SPHINCTOTOMY with stenting Clearance of CBD Stone Then after 3 to 4 wks removal of stent And Elective Sx intervention Laproscopic Cholecystectomy

Thanks Dr Gauthami B

View 1 other reply

Acute cholecystitis and biliary pancreatitis Gall stones may form in pregnancy and peripartum period due to hormone changes Cbd size is normal -maybe passed out cbd stone but if pain is persistent rule out cbd stone -mrcp or ct abdomen Continue antibiotics Plan lap chole. If cbd stone -Ercp

Thank you doctor

Calculus Cholecystitis with pancreatitis with hepatitis.... Obstructive jaundice. Stone CBD.

Thank you doctor

My Treatment in this case is NPO/NBM until the suppression of Pain in Abdomen Inj. RL 1000ml Slow IV mixed with MVI Inj. 5% Dextrose 1000ml Slow IV Inj. SULBACEF 1gm IV BD for 5days Inj. METROGYL 100 TID for 5days Inj. PANTAVIB 40 IV BD for 3-5days Inj. DROVIB (Drotaverine) IM SOS.. Patient is Stable now.. Responding well to the Treatment..

Your line of treatment is fine

View 1 other reply

Plz do an MRCP Scan to rule out and Calculus in the CBD leading to Pancreatitis , Hyper Bilirubin and Increase Liver enzymes

I agree

Admit frcp once ptsettled lipase amylase bilirubin alkaline phosphate

1) R/T aspiration is the first need of the hour as there is sign of paralytic ileus and npo for few days. 2 broad spectrum parenteral antibiotics to cover even salmonella typhi infection., ppi, antiemetics, analgesic sos, sufficient I. V flluids. Once stabilised you can advised operative intervention Later on.

Thank you doctor

Cholecystectomy after treatment and relief from pancreatitis.

Gall stone pancreatitis. ERCP

Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you