Concluded Case

COVID-19 Community spread and benefits of HRCT chest -

A 31,years old male with history of fever 5 days duration, cough , and SOB . A nasopharyngeal swab for rt - RT - PCR is positive for COVID-19. Considering his Oxygen saturation 90 % at home was advised HRCT- which is CORADS- 6 lesion with positive RT - PCR. The aim of this post is that 1.COVID- 19 has now gained community spread and no longer there is travel history 2.Daily in our O.P.D - we are clearly seeing number of patients with anosmia, dysgeusia, SOB , fever not responding to conventional treatment. 3.HRCT has become an important investigation- considering it is difficult to get RT- PCR done and get report after 3 days than getting HRCT chest and getting immediate report .It also tells whether patient needs immediate hospital care or can be home quarantined 4.There is considerable shortage of Oxygen support in hospitals and no longer beds are available in COVID care hospitals and patients are dying for want of Oxygen 5.It is not the right time for at least 15 days complete lockdown in the country considering nearly lakh patients are daily testing positive in last 10 days

13 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Exactly situtation is critical with rising trend of covid 19 community spread.for beds oxygen demand and ventillatory support and even scarcity of doctors. Testing facility is even more in disatrous condition.Report takes 3to4 days to come with limited resources.it is required in 24 hrs only then proper tt may be started in covid19 ARDS pt. HRCT and xray chest PA view is the only tool to suspect covid19 infection. Another lacunae is that tt is not started till report come. In my opinion tt must be started on clinical grouund assuming corona positive.all biomarker of covid 19 may also help us to diagnose covid 19.aggresive tt must be given in this scenario to save many lives of pt. It is my personel view someone or all may be disagree with this view.

All Answers

Sir absolutely i agree to your observations Since i practice only OPD Hrct is important tool but if pt can not afford than simple xray chet is also valuable and sufficient with support of positive CRP and ESR Yes sir now no more travel history it is community spread Sir i want to add at initiale stages we can treat easily at self quarantine

Thanx dr Sunil Sarode

View 2 other replies

Crazy paving pattern seen in bil lung fields sugg of covid pneumonia. Needs to treat with moderate to severe case protocol.

I agree

True, it is definitely correct and smart to decide management of Covid and Covid like cases on the basis of clinical picture and HRCT findings. CORAD results definitely give us basis for correct management. Thanks for timely post.

Thank you, Friends

View 1 other reply

Exactly situtation is critical with rising trend of covid 19 community spread.for beds oxygen demand and ventillatory support and even scarcity of doctors. Testing facility is even more in disatrous condition.Report takes 3to4 days to come with limited resources.it is required in 24 hrs only then proper tt may be started in covid19 ARDS pt. HRCT and xray chest PA view is the only tool to suspect covid19 infection. Another lacunae is that tt is not started till report come. In my opinion tt must be started on clinical grouund assuming corona positive.all biomarker of covid 19 may also help us to diagnose covid 19.aggresive tt must be given in this scenario to save many lives of pt. It is my personel view someone or all may be disagree with this view.

Valuable opinion

The number 4 regimen adopted by Australian doctors should be tried in every contact with COVID patient Invermactin 12 mgm daily for 4 days Doxycycline 1 daily for 4 days Vitamin d3 1 every week Vitamin c three-day All these to be taken for 4 days Repeat this after 14 days

Thank you doctor

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Needed post scary Oxygen shortage Hrct score spo2 rt PCR clia cp score

Covid positive needs admission with anti viral treatmene with oxygen support.

Sir, treatment offered is on trial and error basis, would you support plasma therapy at the onset?

Diseases Related to Discussion

Pneumonia
Corona

Cases that would interest you