What is the correct diagnosis? scabies?

A 35 yrs/M presented 5 days ago with maculopapular itchy rash around umbilical, groin chest and back region since 4 days. First it was few itchy spots and later they had inc. All covered body parts have these rash. No other family member has these symptoms. O/e All Vitals stable, bsl r 92 mg/dl, there is no p/h/o any major illness or any atopic history. Not on any medications. S/e all normal In his office furniture work is gng on since 2 weeks. Hence based on above i had diagnosed him to b a case of scabies and gvn following rx Tab. Lecope 5....1-0-0 Tab. Atarx 25....0-0-1 Permin cream for application on whole body below neck on every alternate day at night Tab. Bandy plus 12 stat and after 3 days. Wash all clothes in warm water and dry in sunlight F/u after 5 days However the pt presented today after 5 days with c/o same with no improvement Also his wife is pregnant and he doesn't want to transfer this to her i hv already advise self quarantine from her keep separate all the cloths. What should be my further plan is diagnosis incorrect or should i change medication? If wife also experiences same can i gv her only permin cream (cat. B drug)? Dr. Shivraj Agarwal pls help

(Edited)

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Along with previous medicine give Tab. Allegra 180mg daily morning for 7 days Tab. Montair Lc in night for 7 days Cap. Candiforce 200mg daily night for 7 days Calasoft Af lotion Zocon Kz shampoo for local application before taking bath... Pt must have separate Towel , cloths , No sharing of anything Dairy products restricted Non veg food restricted Spicy and oily foods restricted Perfume based soap restricted use only keto soap.

Definitely scabies Oint permethrin safe in pregnancy one application of 30 gm permethrin afterbath below neck whole body rebath with topid water after12 hr Or sulphur 5 to 10 percent sulphur or crotamin Treat contact

Thank you doctor

Papular urticaria ACD due to dust from furniture work and paint . Antihistamines, steroids

Thank you doctor

SUGGESTIVE. OF FUNGAL. INFECTION DD CONTACT DERMATITIS

Thank you doctor

Allergic contact dermatitis Zocon Betamil GM

Thank you doctor

? SCABETIC LESIONS.. ? HIVES.. URTICARIA..

Thank you doctor

@ urticaria?

Yes in pregnancy only permethrin topical can be given , ivermectin is contraindicated in pregnancy

Any travel history

No Doc. He mostly works from home....goes to office 2 days a week

View 1 other reply