A 50 years female.. nondiabatic... difficulty in swallowing., with heaviness of abdomen...done UGIE 1 Month back found GERD and..RUT positive after 1 Month treated with PANTOCID- HP KIT still not improved..plz suggest further

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

UGIE suggestive errasive gasteroduodinitis with GERD My advice would be Tab baclofen 10mg or 25mg 1tds Pantop dsr 1od Ulgel A suspension 2tsf tds Sucralfil suspension 2tsf tds Tab clerithromicin 500mg 1bd for 15days Tab albendazole 400mg 1stat and one after one week Tab ornidazole 200mg 1bd for 5to7days Bulk laxatives Course may be repeated after a gap of 2weeks Fractional diet Avoid strictly all spicy chillies and junk food and snacks Blend and small meals frequently Adv icecreams and choclates provided pt is nondiabetic and neither obese nor overweight Tranquillisers at bed time Adv to abstinence to any sort of addictions as well as nonvage food Keep followup

Thanx dr Pranab Bera

View 3 other replies

GERD due to lax lower oesophageal sphincter Erosive gastritis Suggest If obese, suggest weight loss Continue PPI with either domperidone or Itopride for a few months . Raise the head end of bed by 4 inches to reduce nocturnal regurgitation. Avoid heavy ,spicy, fatty, fried meals , especially in the night. Avoid bending forward after meals Avoid tea ,coffee, smoking. If resistant, consider surgery to tighten lax LES

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Dx Gerd Management avoid S5. Sugar, spices, stress, sleeplessness, sex USE ROASTED CHANNA AT THE TIME OF SEVERITY, AVOID LYING DOWN IMMEDIATELY AFTER HAVING FOOD TAKE A WALK Rx PPI FOR 3 MONTHS ANTACID GELS N SYRUPS

Thank you doctor

Tab PAN D OD before breakfast for 1 month Syp SUCRALFATE 15ml bd for 15 days Syp OACID OA 10ml bd for 15 days Avoid spicy food, smoking, alcohol(if any) Donot go to bed immediately after food Raise head end while sleeping Adv: FBS, PPBS, TFT

Thank you doctor

I am agree with@Dr. Shivraj Agarwal Sir.

I agree with @Dr. Shivraj Agarwal sir.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Gerd
Erosive Gastritis
Gastroduodenitis