A case of hard oleum rupture. Painfull and discharge of pus.

A case of hard oleum rupture. painfull and discharge of pus. what should be the rx??

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Tab.Augmentin 625 bid Tab.Diclofenac plus serratiopeptidase bid Moxifloxacin plus ketorolac drops 2 qid Needs immediate Surgical intervention... incision and drainage under LA or topical.. Slit lamp to rule out any corneal infection...

Drain the pus by puncturig lid skin with needle. Ampicilln with cloxacilin , diclofenac +paracetamol, Moxifloxacin eye drops, Tobramycin e/drops, chloramphenicol eye drops should be used. Once pus is drained it will resolve quickly.

I Agree with Dr Harshad

The pus is pointing, so first try puncturing with a 26g needle at the slit lamp and expressing the pus out. Then treat with oral antibiotics and pain killers.

Systemic antibiotics nd hot compresses along with anti inflammatory followed later by incision and drainage

hordeolum. Augumentin625 BD lyser D Pantop Hotformentation

Incision and drainage. Systemic antibiotics and NSAIDS

IF NOT TREATED PTOMPTLY CAN LEAD TO PRESEPTAL OR ORBITAL CELLULITS PICTURE IS ALREADY SUGESTIVE OF MARKED INFAMMATORY REACTION OF UNLID AT ONE POINT OF SOEX OF SWELLING THEIR IS SOME DRIED DISCHARGE SYSTEMIC ANTIBIOTICS I WOULD START INJECTABLES TOPUCAL MOXAFLOXINE EYE DRIOS ONE DROP 4 TIMES A DAY FIR ONE WEEK AT LEAST NON STERIODAL ANTIINFLAMMATORY EYE DROPS ONE DROP 3 TIMES A DAY MOXAFLOXINE EYE OINT AT BET TIME ORAL INDOCAP SR 75 MG ONE OF FOR FIVE DAYS SEE FOR ANY REFRACTIVE ERROR DEDRUFF F B S

Rule out diabetes / hiv/ other immunocompromised state. Refraction once the infection is controlled.

Multiple boiles with preseptal cellulitis , drain the Tab Augmentin 8 hourly Ibuprofen 400mg bd

cap.megapen500tds for 5days. Tab.zerodol-s.bd for 5days. Moxiflox eye drop &ointments. I&d.

Load more answers