A clear picture of Follicular tonalities please share Etiology,pathology,and treatment

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Aetiology: 1. It may be a complication of acute tonsillitis. Pathologically, microabscesses walled off by fibrous tissue have been seen in the lymphoid follicles of the tonsils. 2. Subclinical infections of tonsils without an acute attack. 3. Mostly affects children and young adults. Rarely occurs after 50 years. 4. Chronic infection in sinuses or teeth m.ay be a predisposing factor. Types Chronic follicular tonsillitis. Here tonsillar crypts a re full of infected cheesy material which shows on the surface as yellowish spots. Chronic parenchymatous tonsillitis . There is hyperplasia of lymphoid tissue Tonsils a re very much enlarged and may interfere with speech , deglutition and respiration. Attacks of sleep apnoea may occur. Longstanding cases develop features of cor pulmonale. Chronic fibroid tonsillitis. Tonsils are small but infected, with history of repeated sore throats. Clinical Features 1. Recurrent attacks of sore throat or acute tonsillitis. 2. Chronic irritation in throat with cough. 3. Bad taste in mouth and foul breath (halitosis) due to pus in crypts. 4 Thick speech, difficulty in swallowing and choking spells at night (when tonsils are large and obstructive) . Examination 1. Tonsils may show varying degree of enlargement. Sometimes they meet in the midline (chronic parenchymatous type). 2. There may be yellowish beads of pus on the medial surface of tonsil (chronic follicular type). 3. Tonsils are small but pressure on the anterior pillar expresses frank pus or cheesy material (chronic fibroid type) . 4. Flushing of anterior pillars compared to the rest of the pharyngeal mucosa is an important sign of chronic tonsillar infection . 5. Enlargement of Jugulodigastric lymph nodes is a reliable sign of chronic tonsillitis. During acute attacks, the nodes enlarge further and become tender. Treatment 1. Conservative treatment consists of attention to general health, diet, treatment of co-existent infection of teeth, nose and sinuses. 2. Tonsillectomy is indicated when tonsils interfere with speech, deglutition and respiration or cause recurrent attacks. Complications: 1. Peritonsillar abscess. 2. Parapharyngeal abscess. 3. Intra tonsillar abscess. 4 Tonsilloliths. 5. Tonsillar cyst. 6. Focus of infection in rheumatic fever, acute glomerulonephritis, eye and skin disorders.. . Homeopathic Remedies. . Give Only After individualisation. PSORINUM, TUB, BAR CARB, HEPAR, SILICEA, ALUMINA, SANG, ETC.

Thanks sir very satisfactory answer

Whether painfully or not . Generally this type of affection becomes painless .The patient is sensitive to cold ,allergic to atmospheric changes , dust ,smoke , allergens ,certainfood@good stuffs et c. BARYTA CARB 200 to start with .

Beautifully explained by @Dr. Akshay Ingole sir.... According to Ayurveda we will diagnose this case as TUNDIKERI.....

It's a complicated Case , tonsillar Cyst, Intra tonsillar abscess. Baryta Carb, Phytolucca, Heper sulph,Calcium Jodatum,helpful medicine.

Nice post Dr. S. Ali sir. Dr. Akshay sir explain it nicely, thanks to both of you

QUINSY with uvulitis... Merc iod flavum, bell 1M

Note 200 potenancy is alwayes agravets so be careful in such acute cases other wise just combine with other follow well remedy like Agrophis N 200, Salvia off. 200,or Pyrogenum. 200. KaliMur. 200 so like forgive me I am wronged. Dr Parwatikar.

Correction For give me if I m wronge

Sir,if painful than I have suggest. ....removal of tonsils.

Psorinum.200 one dose

Homoeopathic medicine Baryta carb.30 TDS Belladonna 200 BD

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you