A Complicated Case of Amenorrhea: Investigating the cause in a systematic way

Some Clinical cases require detailed case taking with multiple investigations to investigate the main cause & treat the disease. Learn the art of investigating the causative factor for the disease & treating it through this case by Dr. Golam Mortuza Follow us more Updates

93 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

THANKS Dr GOLAM .MORTUZA for an interesting Curofy Expert Clinical case presentation. It was diagnosed and investigated systematically as you are one of the enthusiastic doctors on this platform Final Diagnosis was - PCOD with insulin resistance with hypothyroidism. But one important aspect is surprising and needs more evaluation AS TVS WAS NORMAL AND NO CYSTS FOUND - ABDOMINAL USG SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AS INVARIABLY MOST OF US DIAGNOSE PCOD BY USG FINDINGS OD PCOD . For a General surgeon and general practitioner like me - this is a learning experience. Gynecologists on the curofy platform can make us wiser on this issue . But - Your case presentation was excellent Congrats

PCOD without cysts in USG is possible if fulfill other Rotterdam's criteria but I was really confused that how was it possible to have three babies without having any menstruation history. May be she had given wrong history or the amount of bleeding so scanty that she couldn't understand. I just underwent usual approach and it was the result. Thank you sir.

View 1 other reply

Lady with such a bad pcod cannot conceive spontaneously. Here is a case of Para 3. So amenorrhea history was since when?. It apears that these changes have occurred after all 3 deliveries.

I was really confused that how was it possible to have three babies without having any menstruation history. May be she had given wrong history or the amount of bleeding so scanty that she couldn't understand. I just underwent usual approach and it was the result. Thank you sir . Please sir keep commenting in my gynae related answers and posts. I really enjoy and learn a lot from it.

View 3 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Thankyou Honorable Curofy team

View 1 other reply

Detailed clinical chronological history with through physical examination and relevant investigations are most important in diagnosis and treatment plan. Well done dr Murtaza keep updated with follow up.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 4 other replies

Nice ILLUSTEATATION Yes some cases need detailed history taking and multiple INVESTAGATIONS to reach at a diagnosis It the present era of SUBSPECISLITIES Things are much easier as we have lot of diagnostic tools like Ultrasound C t scan M R I SCAN Pat scan Radiotherapy Chemotherapy

Thank you sir.

Thank you Dr Golam Mortuza for your very valuable and nice case history as well as detailed presentation

Thank you sir.

Nice case

Thank you sir. Please keep suggesting.

View 2 other replies

Comprehensive clinical and lab workup. Very good presentation. Congratulations ,Dr Golum Mortuza

I was really confused that how was it possible to have three babies without having any menstruation history. May be she had given wrong history or the amount of bleeding so scanty that she couldn't understand. I just underwent usual approach and it was the result. Thank you sir. BTW sir you are one whose cases and answering taught me a lot.

View 1 other reply

Well done Dr. Golam mortuza

Thank you sir

Bravo dada...

Thank you bhai.
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you