Concluded Case

A female child was brought by her mother with complaint of painless

A female child was brought by her mother with complaint of painless swelling in the inguinal region which is palpable, well‑circumscribed, mobile and painless mass,non‑reducible, mass produced vulvar swelling on the right side. What is the probable diagnosis? what investigations you will like to order for?

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

It can be cyst of the canal of Nuck

All Answers

IT'S A CASE OF.. INGUINAL SWELLING .. D/D.. * INGUINAL HERNIA.. * LIPOMA.. GO FOR.. FNAC.. USG STUDY.. FOR CONFIRMATION AND MANAGEMENT..

Thank you doctor

View 5 other replies

Even conclusion is may be cyst in the canal of nuck..no surgery done yet..I am sure if you a medical student you must have followed up the case...certainly when you a presented to your senior professionals. Not may be ..possibly it is encysted female hydrocele..opposite of encysted hydrocele In male...Initially Testicular Gonad in labia raced on my mind..but genitalia looked Normal female(No Ambiguosity stigmas). Inguinal Indirect Hernia flashed.. but no Impulse on crying..no reduceability easily rules out this..eventhough it is rare in females..Direct inguinal hernia is common but it should be away from labia..Others like Lipoma..hemangioma..Dermoid are just theorotical considerations being opinionist Rather than physician who knows more With history/exam findings .With the above Senerio..encysted hydrocele ( in female) An out pouching of processus vaginalis Is descent clinical diagnosis.Transillumination possibly proves diagnosis..ultrasound may reinforce the diagnosis..Dr Ameeun I know you are not a surgeon..atleast for now..has this patient has undergone surgery for the problem. Congrats anyway..being a student you gave shown interest in many occassions.

Valuable opinion

Dr Ranjit Poriya. Homeopathy. Dx For Female Child * inguinal Hernia. ConStant Swelling *Lipoma. Treatment Before Require Investigation. FNAC &USG KUB REGION. After Treatment Curable Problem.

Thank you doctor

A FNAC is indicated to arrive at a diagnosis. As it is painless , well circumscribed, non - reducible most likely diagnosis is Lipoma . Encysted hydrocele of canal of nuck A cyst of canal of nuck

Thank you doctor

I would like to go for Ultrasonography and then proceed accordingly. In such cases, it is always better to use noninvasive modalities first

Valuable opinion

Inguinal hernia / lipoma USG and FNAC study will be conclusive and decide line of treatment.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Lipoma Reassurance Plan for surgical excision later Refer to Surgeon

Hernia of canal of nuck Lipoma of the canal of nuck

Thank you doctor

It can be cyst of the canal of Nuck

Thanx

Inguinal hernia

Thank you doctor
Load more answers