Should i treat her for pseudomonas

A female of about 74 year of age complain about four to five bouts of cogh some time dry and some time productive , in a day and during sleep at night since 8 months No/history of fever , wright loss , fatigue ,sob, K/c of htn on telmisartan 40 and extended release metoprolol,25 and obesity Moderate to sever OA both knee Clinical examination _ bp130/90 Spo2 99 Pulse 80 regularly regular Chest bilateral clear without any added sounds Normal cardiac auscultation Abdomen soft with normal bowel sounds INVESTIGATION ,sputum culture shows pseudomonas aerugenosa Thyroid profile normal Some investigation are below Kindly help me for management,, 1 should I treat pseudomonas as it's sensitive to quinolones,aminoglycoside,carbapenem,cefoperezon,cefepime 2 advised for her OA management

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Ground glass appearance bilateral base of Lungs so please ask for RT-PCR to ruled out COBID-19

Thank you doctor

CXR.. PROMINANT BRONCHOVASCULAR.. GGO .. MARKINGS.. NEED'S.. HRCT.. RT..PCR..COVID-19..

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Xray shows b/l lower lobe haziness with ground glass opacity See for hrct See for 2decho See for blood report N treat accordingly

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you