A lady having large mass lesion in neck since one year 60 yrs old gradually decreased appetite weight loss nosea chronic constipation. Now additional problem is laceration of mass surface with discharge. hb 5.2 tlc 16000 other blood report, LFT KFT TFT normal biopsy suggested Sq cell carcinoma what should next management & advise ENT Surgeon refused for operation or excision not reason explains

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Squamous cell carcinoma till this enlarged size, secondaries have spread and at this age no role of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, so ENT surgeon refused. Let the patient die peacefully.

WHY TO LET THE PATIENT DIE, WHICH SHE WILL AS PER HER TIME... WE SHOULD TRY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES..... ANTISYCOTIC.... THUZA... I'M ONCE IN A WEEK.. CARCINOCIN. 30. 5 DROPS T. I. D MSG. PHOS + CALC. FLOUR 6X 5 TABLETS T. I. D. TAKE CARE OF THE PATIENT PROPERLY.... ANY THING CAN HAPPEN..... DON'T FORGET COVID 19 AS NO ONE EXPECTED IT TO HAPPEN AND COVID 19 IS LAUGHING AT US, WITH DUE RESPECT TO EVERY ONE.

Extensive sq cell ca Radiatin and chemotherapy

Only option available in this case of extensive thyroid malignancy is chemotherapy and radiotherapy

Extensively grown thyroid cancer. ?LAryngeal nerve invoved is contra indication for surgery. Us scan thyroid

Palliative management only remained in our hands!!!!

View 1 other reply

I don't know why the ent surgeon refused to to explain the details of the case,may be u can end to another ent,do a complete ent examination to know the primary site if any,Do a CECT scan, then update the examination findings and report to the blog. assuming it to advanced carcinoma of squamous or anaplastc thyroid may be correct, but for my opinion evaluation is important than mere assumption it the patient affordable and willing,may provisiinal diagnosis at present is infected secondaries in neck.

Scan Then chemo and radio then radio is only option

Lateral extension of swelling...a large swelling can compress the trachea emergency trachiostomy may be needed... Thyroid profile to check... Locally advanced disease... Neoadjuveny chemo therapy..... Truecut biopsy after checking thyroid profile...Lymphoma to be excluded .

Do a pan endoscopy, CECT neck chest, abdomen and pelvis to detect primary. Do IHC from the block.

Load more answers