A male of 56 year Was suffering from psoriasis for last 1 yr n was taking ayurvedic medicine for the same for 9 months n sudden weight loss has been observed in approx six month but in last 2 month it was very severe n total weight loss which was observed is 42 kg I.e from 100 to 58 ...n recently liver cancer has been diagnosed through sonography(USG) ,biopsy ,blood reports, CT scans which has been uploaded in this case ... suggested by oncologist MD that this person. Is in 4th stage of liver cancer chemotherapy is an option only life expectancy can be extended with severe pain ..so we have decided to go for another option rather then chemotherapy so if anybody could suggest a treatment which effective for this case we will be more thankful for mah uncle

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Dont want to disappoint /discourage but this is a case of grade 4 adenocarcinoma of liver with matastasis. Patient is your uncle as u mentioned but i just want to clear your doubt that there are certain things which have no cure at certain stage but can be treated symptomatically for betterment and decrease suffering of patient but end result is well known. I want to further mention that first of all calm yourself and clear your facts about the diagnosis and its outcome otherwise you may landup in worsenning of present condition of patient. Manytime we become hyper reactive and over enthusiastic for our family in such situations in early phase of being a doctor thats y we always prefer or take suggetions from elders because of their real experience. I hope this will help a bit for further treatment mind making n follow up. If you or ur family anytime decide for chemotherapy than give powder hiowna 2-3tea spoon with a glass of milk or juice with tab immusante twice a day to get good result n better tolerance. May god bless ur uncle. Dont mind if i said something wrong unwillingly

Txx for ur suggestion sir n for psychological support too sir... as I have read in one article abut targeted therapy will it be beneficial for mah uncle as the main aim of this therapy is to target the cell of any one particular area n to act as angiogenesis inhibitor as we know if cancerous cell will get nutrition n new angiogenesis I.e new blood supply then the ability to grow will increase so I think it will beneficial but the draw back of this therapy is that it have side effects too that is drying of skin, skin rashes n high blood pressure n all which can be controlled but angiogenesis inhibitor interfere with new blood vessel formation all over the body n it can lead to bruising n bleeding too.. n bleeding in stomach n intestine is so severe that it can also cause death so wht will be ur suggestion??

View 3 other replies

This is a case of secondaries liver adeno ca. As there is mediastinal lymphadenopathy look for lung mass or esophageal primary. Go for PETCT TO FIND PRIMARY. AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED EARLIER ABOUT TARGET THERAPY. FOR TARGET THERAPY YOU HAVE TO IDENTIFY THE PRIMARY FIRST ALONG WITH IHC/EGFR/ CONFIRMATION LATER DETERMINE WHICH AGENT IS EFFECTIVE. SO DO A COMPLETE WORKUP TO FIND PRIMARY.

start homeopathy immediately and follow my advice strictly 1st day, carcinosin 30,1 dose; from 2 nd. day onward, cholesterinum 6,6 globules once daily in morning & nitric acid 6 at evening for 15 days. Then post the result here

Yeah txx a lot for ur prescription sir ... we will follow it from today ownwards n will give u the results of it .. n sir I forgot to mention it that from tomorrow ownwards he is suffering from throat infection n he is feeling alot difficulty in swolling too.. n as we have read in one article we r also doing onion therapy too... n sir any suggestions for daily diet..

We need to do the following things to evaluate the subtype of disease and site of origin 1)ihc of the already biopsied sample 2)petct to define primary if possible 3)upper and lower GI scopy 4) tumour markers namely CEA, CA 19 9, AFP. This will give us an idea about the primary organ of origin 5) based on organ of origin further molecular typing can be done

Please do a PET CT and IHC to identify primary. Also do tumour markers such as AFP and CA19.9 Please do Upper GI endoscopy if no primary seen on PET CT. Chemotherapy is not painful and there are a lot of misconceptions regarding it. Also targeted therapy may be an option depending upon the primary diagnosis.

very bland non spicy food. For sore throat: Belladonna 30, 4 globs.twice daily x 3 days

Agree with Dr. Vijay

Agree wth dr pidaparthy

unfortunately no better option Can look for radiofrequency or SRS.

Tamra parpati 125mg

Cases that would interest you