Concluded Case

A male patient of age 54 came with the chief complaints of abdominal pain which is sudden in onset and is of acute type. Distended abdomen. The person is known alcoholic and smoker. No history of fever, vomitings or abdominal tenderness. No flatus being passed. What is the probable diagnosis?

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Abdominal pain with distension Differntials are Perfirated peptic ulcer or viscera Hepatic venous outflow obstruction Acute intestinal obstruction Corrhosis with portal vein obstruction

All Answers

D/d 1 since pt is chr smoker and presented with abdominal pain and distension first i will think of acute gastritis or peptic ulcer 2 pt is alcoholic but no symptoms of liver disease so i will search for acute pancreatitis 3 r/o acute cholecystitis with gall stones

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Abdominal pain with distension Differntials are Perfirated peptic ulcer or viscera Hepatic venous outflow obstruction Acute intestinal obstruction Corrhosis with portal vein obstruction

Valuable opinion

Since there is no vomiting, and since there is pain and distension, and obstipation ,it is likely to be Large gut obstruction Since it is acute, volvulus of sigmoid is likely Abdominal Ultrasound, PR exam, MRI ABDOMEN are indicated

Intestinal obstruction if no peristalsis epigastric pain ulcer usg abdomen plain xray abdomen

Thank you doctor

Intestinal obstruction. Needs further investigations and evaluation to conclude diagnosis and line of treatment.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Acute intestinal obstraction

Thank you doctor

Intestinal obstruction

Thank you doctor

Volvulus intestional obstruction ad u s g abdomen

Thank you doctor

Intestinal obstruction

Thank you doctor

I think acute gastritis or peptic ulcer, Intestinal obstruction or even ascitis

Thank you doctor