A male pt.2yrs suffering from rt.inguinal hernia. Patient is

a male Pt.2yrs suffering from rt.inguinal hernia. Patient is anemic hb-9.4 .Take general Surgeons opinion. suggest treat anemia first.inj.vitcofol 1cc a/d.st.orofer-st 5mlbd.advise further management sir

19 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Herniotomy can be carried out soon . Theres alwayas a risk of strangulation . Most probably its iron deficiency anemia .

2 years child with INGUINAL HERNIA, ass with Anemia. With HB : 9.4 Grams, suppose if Hernia gets STRANGULATED, THEN ALSO ONE HAS TO GO FOR EMERGENCY SURGERY. ANEMIA IS SEVERE, HENCEFORTH BETTER TO GO FOR SURGICAL INTERVENTION. EVALUATION OF ANEMIA IS MANDATORY FOR TYPE OF ANEMIA.

Thanks sir.

View 2 other replies

After correction of anaemia, right sided herniotomy for right inguinal hernia

Thanks sir for your valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Rule out hemolytic anaemia, chronic infections Do HPLC, complete hemogram with peripheral smear & reticulocyte count, iron studies Albendazole Iron 4-6 mg/kg/day 3 months

If other parameters are normal,do a semi emergency herniotomy

View 1 other reply

This child appears to have uncomplicated Rt side congenital inguinoscrotal hernia. It needs only herniotomy operation which is a very simple one and can be done with the present Hb level. But in case the surgery is deferred for some reason ,continue the said treatment till the operation is executed.

Surgery as early as possible to prevent the strangulation under GA. The anaemia is not so severe that can not allow to surgery with minimal blood loss. The anaemia can be corrected later on.

I think hernia can be managed once anaemia managed. Patient and pt. Carer must be understood to take care to prevent complications ,, Advise take care of cough , constipation ,if any occurred, to avoid increase of sac size and strangulation

I want to say that why everyone is considering correction of Anemia first and not Surgery? Anemia in this child is not so severe that can outweigh the possible complications like strangulation which can be life threatening... This is truly my opinion based on day-to-day basis cases and if am wrong please correct me. I will be thankful..

After correction of anaemia Right side herniotomy for right inguinal hernia

Rt sided inguinal hernia

Adv. CBC, COMMENT ON PERIPHERAL SMEAR, RETICULOCYTE COUNT., SERUM FERRITIN LEVEL CONTINUE THE MEDICINES AS ADV BY YOU TILL REPORTS OBTAINED

View 2 other replies

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you