Concluded Case

a man 36 has pain, tingling all fingers 2 yrs, some fingers are deformed, diminished touch, cool warmth sensations more conspicuous on left hand

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Dr. Sudhakar sir, It's good case... Commonly LEPROSY patients got deformities in the hands due to nerve damage i.e..claw hand Leprosy and gangrene are rare combination...No doubt it could be case of BORDERLINE and LEPROMATIC types of LEPROSY. Here APLAs..Anti Phospholipid Antibodies are main culprit and it produces THROMBOSIS in the capillary network in the tip of the fingers leads to this gangrene . It is irreversible. So evaluate the case and should be take opinion from Surgeon.

All Answers

Hansen's Disease

HANSEN'S DISEASE ADVISABLE 1. DAPSONE 2. RIFAMPICIN 3. MULTIVITAMINS

I would like to add Clofazimine to the above drugs

Hansen's Disease. Depsone od. Rifampicin 600 od. Multivitamins and antioxidants orally. PCM ibu bd. Clean area with diluted betadine lotion apply mupirocin oint locally. ASD. Improve general health and personal hygiene. Protect area against direct intense cold and heat. Rehydrate skin by applying moisturizer or emollient cream locally. Regular monitoring and periodical evaluation required.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 2 other replies

Hansen’s disease

Leprosy. ?

IT'S A CASE OF.. * PEREPHERAL NEUROPATHY.. * VASCULOPATHY..GANGRENE.. * HANSEN'S DISEASE.. BETTER TO EVALUATE CLINICOPATHOLOGICALLY WITH.. BLOOD.. BSR HBA1C.. URINE ROUTINE.. TISSUE HISTOPATHOLOGICAL..BIOPSY..

Tnx a lot Dr Reetkaur

Hansen's Tab Dapsone 100 one daily stop on Sunday, Cap R-coin 600 once in a week ,Cap Hansapran 100 one daily a d Cap Meganuron one daily Dressings

Hansen's disease?

Hansen’s disease

Dr. Sudhakar sir, It's good case... Commonly LEPROSY patients got deformities in the hands due to nerve damage i.e..claw hand Leprosy and gangrene are rare combination...No doubt it could be case of BORDERLINE and LEPROMATIC types of LEPROSY. Here APLAs..Anti Phospholipid Antibodies are main culprit and it produces THROMBOSIS in the capillary network in the tip of the fingers leads to this gangrene . It is irreversible. So evaluate the case and should be take opinion from Surgeon.

Load more answers