A rare case of Disseminated Cutaneous Rhinosporidiosis

A detailed pathological investigation is very essential in making a correct Diagnosis. Dr. S.M Sarfaraj presents a rare case of Disseminated Cutaneous Rhinosporidiosis. Enhance your clinical knowledge by learning thorough his rich experience. Follow us for more such Updates!

115 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

CONGRATULATIONS and THANKS DR- S.M SARFARAJ for a nice and informative presentation of this rare case of disseminated cutaneous Rhinosporidiosis Also one of differential diagnosis of the gluteal lesion was Cutaneous tuberculosis- scrofuloderma . Rhinosporidiosis is a granulomatous disease affecting the mucous membrane of nasopharynx, oropharynx, conjunctiva, rectum and external genitalia. Though the floor of the nose and inferior turbinate are the most common sites, the lesions may appear elsewhere too. Traumatic inoculation from one site to others is common. Laryngeal rhinosporidiosis,[7] too, has been described and may be due to inoculation from the nose during endotracheal intubation. After inoculation, the organism replicates locally, resulting in hyperplasia of host tissue and localised immune response. infection of nose and nasopharynx - 70% infection of palpebral conjunctiva - 15%

Thankyou Doctor

View 4 other replies

Thanx dr S M Sarfraz for unique and excellent case presentation For a clinician like me lot of learning in this case how we are missing the common disease of RHINOSPORIDIASIS And how pathologically it is important to decide the line of treatment. I will reqest every 9ne to read this case

Thanx dr Praveen Yograj

View 9 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Glad to know about disseminated cutaneous rhinosporidiosis. Thanks sir

Thanks Dr. Dinesh Gupta, Dr. Ashok leel, Dr. Golam Mortuza, Dr. S.M.Sarfaraz, Dr. A Dutta

View 1 other reply

NICE ILLUSTRATION I AGREE WITH THE COMMENTS OF AUTHOUR WE ARE AT PREDENT IN THE ERA OF SUBSPECISLITIES AND WE HAVE HAVE GALAXY OF NEW INVESTAGATIONS MODALITIES STARTING FTOM UNTRASOUND C T SCAN M R I SCAN PAT SCAN NEEDLE BIOPSY CT GUIDED NEEDLE BIOPSY PAT SCAN PATHOLOGICAL PROCEDURES PLAY AN IMPORTANT PART IN THE DX OF A TUMOUR NOW IN PATHOLOGY WE HAVE HISTOPATHOLOGY HISTOCHEMISTRY IMMUNOPATHOLIGY IT IS TGE PATHOLOGICAL REPIRT WHICH TELLS US NOTBONLYBA TUMOUR IS BENIGN OR MALIGNANT BUT HEPLS IN TYEVSTSGINGBOFVS TUMOUR AND STAGINGBOF METASTASIS

Thank you Dr

Congratulations And Thanks Dr S M SARFARAZ FOR writing and compilation of this informative and educative post.

Thanks Dr Vipin Bihari Jain

View 2 other replies

Rare presentation of a not so uncommon pathogen.. Thanks

Welcome sir. I leaned lot of things from your comments. Follow you from my core of heart Thank you very much sir.

An important and educative post for me. Thank you Sir for your valuable sharing.

Thank you Sir@Dr. Partha Sarathi Sahana .

View 4 other replies

BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATION.. SIR.. THANKS. A. LOT FOR . SHARING. ..A USEFUL... INFORMATIVE. UPDATE

Thank you very much sir

Finger crossed.

You are best dada. I'm a small boy.

View 1 other reply

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Rhinosporidiosis
Tuberculosis