A six years old boy had dog bite.what is the protocol of rabies vaccine for this patient.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Thoroughly wash with soap water... Classify the injury into the categories as mentioned in WHO protocol. On the basis of category of injury , treat with vaccine , immunoglobulin & antibiotics. W/f dog...

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

ADVISABLE ...IF. THE. CHILD. IS. ALREADY IMMUNIZED.... AND IS. BITTEN. BY. ANIMAL. WHICH. IS. SUSPECTED. OF. RABIES. INFECTION..... .. ONLY. TWO DOSES. ARE. SUFFICIENT.... FIRST. DAY AND ON. THIRD. DAY

Post bite vaccine must essential for the boy. ARV (Anti Rabies Vaccine) Doses-- 0,3,7,14,28/30 5dose under protocol.

But a physician said only 2 vaccine for 7 days gap I know the protocol 0 3 7 14 28 a d a booster dose after 3 months But this physician create a doubt in my mind so I just post this case Is it new protocol for who

View 3 other replies

5 injections of RABIPUR. 1 day, 3rd day, 7th day, 14 th day & 28th day.

Obviously Rabipur is given on 0, 3,7,14,28 and 90th day

Thanks Dr. Ryng Phawa , Dr. Renjini Chandran , Dr.Dinesh Gupta, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Singh , Dr. Pooja Laharia

View 1 other reply

Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) should be started as soon as possible after the bite. Start treatment and observe the dog for 10 days. If the dog remains healthy throughout the observation then modify the Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP).

Thank you doctor

It is a 4 dose schedule..0.3.7.14 A 5th dose on day 28 is for immunocompromised person. Dose is 1 ml fixed for all age group and weight.

Thank you doctor

Wash with running water . TT inj. Anti rabies. 0/3/7/14/28

Thank you doctor

Full course of Injection ARV

I agree

A. R. V. in five doses (0, 3,,7,14,28days).Anti Rabies serum may also be given .

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion

Rabies