Concluded Case

A 23yrs old Mbbs intern saying that he hears some unnatural human voices, some unnatural smell,

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Hi Doc I agree with my colleagues, need more history. Client had both auditory and olfactory hallucinations rule out organic cause first by internal medicine or neurology. Olfactory hallucinations is more of temporal Lobe epilepsy. Onset of symptoms Any history of trauma Do urine drug screen any family history of mental illness. Usually prodromal symptoms start early and any other first rank symptoms? Acute stress reaction.
All Answers
Hi Doc I agree with my colleagues, need more history. Client had both auditory and olfactory hallucinations rule out organic cause first by internal medicine or neurology. Olfactory hallucinations is more of temporal Lobe epilepsy. Onset of symptoms Any history of trauma Do urine drug screen any family history of mental illness. Usually prodromal symptoms start early and any other first rank symptoms? Acute stress reaction.
Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Refer the patient to the Psychiatrist for detailed History Taking & Mental Status Examination (MSE) to get a clear diagnosis. May be an early phase of Schizophrenia (F20) or Depressive Psychosis.
Thank you sir for your suggestion.
Needs a detailed history and evaluation .. physical examination and related investigations .. please get him checked by Psychiatrist ... Also this patient might need neuroimaging...
Thank you mam
We need longitudinal history, few words can't diagnose any psychiatric problem
Vertual hellucinations. Ask intern to start research on OCCULT SCIENCE...!!!
Depression rule out

Cases that would interest you