Acute colic pain

Chief Complaint A 46-year-old male,came with intermittent acute colic pain in the lower abdomen + vomiting for around 10 days. History Patient is not on any medication. No other underlying disease. Investigations Laboratory findings showed microcytic anemia Liver enzyme activity slightly increased. Hepatitis, cytomegalovirus, virus were negative. Ultrasonography & CT normal. Diagnosis What is your opinion on diagnosis and treatment?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Can be LEAD POISONING. Microcytic hypochromic anemia, basophilc stippling, abdominal pain and vomiting are suggestive. Lead estimation in blood should be done .

Thank you,Doctor

Insignificant lab report Presenting symptoms likely due to UTI Adv urine routine

Thanx dr Ramniwas Sharma

SINCE.. REPORTS. OF CT. SCAN. AND. USG.....ARE ....... WNL/. NAD.. SO. POSSIBLY... DUE. TO... .. G. I. T.... INFECTION ..... I. B. D .....CHRHON'S SECONDARY. TO HYPOCHROMIC MICROCYTIC. ANEMIA.... MAYBE. DUE. TO GUT. BLEEDING...

I still doubt of tebal Stone. Intravenous Photography should be performed. For Hypochromic anemia first doubt should be of Lead poisoning. Check Pb level in blood.

Sometimes ureteric stone can be missed on usg do ivp urinert stool rt sos colonoscopy

Gastric outlet obstruction with superior mesentery artery syndrome

Cases that would interest you