Acute Pancreatitis - Clinical Presentation

Acute pancreatitis is a sudden inflammation of the pancreas that may be mild or life-threatening. It may involve other regional tissues or remote organs. Severe abdominal pain is the predominant symptom. The three most common causes of pancreatitis are heavy alcohol use, gallstones, and medications. Share your views on this condition that whether mild or severe, usually requires hospitalization.......

32 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Excellent concise presentation 👌👍 Quite useful

Very useful informative information Doctor

Acute pancreatitis clinical presentation.. Useful information.. Informative post.. Nice information useful information updated thanks doctor Nice presentation..

Thanks doctor Wagish Mishra

View 2 other replies

IT IS REALLY LIFE THREATENING ENTITY,, VERY DANGEROUS . IT IS MOSTLY CAUSED BY BILE STONES OR EXCESSIVE USE OF ALCOHOL. I HAVE SEEN SUCH CASES DURING MY TENURE AS RMO IN HOSPITAL,,INSPITE OF IM & IV ANALGESICS PAIN DOESN'T SUBSIDE & SOMETIME PATIENT GOES INTO SHOCK & INVITABLE DEATH. REALLY VERY USEFUL & INFORMATIVE POST. THANKS FOR SHARING.

Thanks @Dr. Rakesh Kayasth (pt) boss

Acute pancreatitis is a disease with lethal potential. I remember , in my school days , my grand mother developed severe acute Pain in abdomen following a meal on the day of new year . My father ( m.b.b.s ) immediately took her to the surgeon who diagnosed her with acute pancreatitis. She was admitted for 25 days , s.amylase was done & in addition to restriction of oral fluid & repeated daily aspiration of gastric content she was on iv fluids . Nearly 175 pints were given. Trasylol was made available from bombay & was also given in addition to other medicines . Ultimately, she developed pseudo pancreatic cyst & was operated for the same . Two hrs after surgery , she had passed away . This incidence took arond year 1977 . Please mention how better isprognosis pf acute pancreatitis now a days.

Informative

Nice information about the acute pancreatitis.Thank you Dr for sharing.

Informative and helpful

One the most dreaded entity Quite common in Indian habitat Very informative post 👌👍 Everyone must have a look It will be useful for all of us 👌

Informative

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you