Add relevant details with sections to your cases.

Post a new case with intricate details or showcase a case that intrigued you with all the details using our SECTIONS feature.

15 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

At undergraduate level ,the pattern of case presentation is Name ,age of patient,M / F,occupation,date of admission. After that : Chief complaint with duration in a chronological order. Then - Details of history of present illness. Past history , Family history Personal history / social history/ treatment history ie previous med. General exam,Systemic exam - first system depends on the chief complaint,and then other systemic exam. Then - Provisional diagnosis with differential diagnosis. Investigation. Final diagnosis with available history, physical exam and correlation with investigations. Final diagnosis Management last. Postgraduate almost the same pattern. But when you present a case for conferences,reporting the case in a journal " your case presentation like a story and there is minimum letters and all the details should include in the minimum letters.Which include age of patient,M/ F,why the patient came to see the doctor or admitted with duration of illness with details of illness . Relevant negative point with regard to the illness should include.All these should include with minimum sentences or words.Then past medical illness Some diseases has familial tendency and depending upon that it should include. Personal history if important that should include/ Relevent treatment history if important should include.Regarding exam- relevent important things in general exam with systemic exam findings,investigation treatment. CUROFYS FLATFORM - IS AN EDUCATIVE ,INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION which include case presentation,Q&A section,latest medical news/ bulletin,New drugs,journal review and so on..Getting opinion from the competant people in the respective specialities. I wrote this much ,because the way you put headings for presentation is scientifically incorrect The order should be Title( Regarding what and why you are presenting) .But while concluding the case the title should be the final diagnosis. 2nd heading is "examination" which is wrong. Age, male or female, then include the CHIEF COMPLAINT ( which include history of present illness with duration in a chronological order with relevent details including negative points which related to the disease.Then include all relevent points in past medical illness family,personal and treatment history) 3rd - Vitals/ important / general exam findings. 4th - Relevant systemic exam findings. 5th- Relevent investigation findings with regard to the case. 6th - Diagnosis. Most of the cases are presenting for diagnosis,further investigations and management / opinion of the case by competent people in the respective speciality. If you put the diagnosis ,how can one discuss the diagnosis. PRESENTATION INCLDE TITLE OF THE CASE . CHIEF COMPLAINTS INCLUDING NEGATIVE POINTS RELATED TO THE CASE. EXAMINATION INCLUDING VITALS AS PER THE IMPORTANCE OF CASE. RELEVANT INVESTGATIONAL FINDINGS FINALLY- What are points you want to discuss in this case. THEN CONCLUSION WITH REGART TO YOUR POINT OF DISCUSSION.TITLE OF CONCLUSION IS THE FINAL DIAGOSIS. This should write like a story with out putting the headings. You can make parfraphs. This is my personal opinion,final point is yours. Thanks Curofy to put this idea. . All the above thing with out writing the headings ,but include all these points.

Thanks ma'am for your elaborate explanation.

View 2 other replies

Under present circumstances all other cases expect COVID has elapsed or we afraid to examine them properly therefore new cases neither recorded or posted . Whenever I confronted the case I will post but similarly you are also not doing anything new for members or organization involved in tackling red dragon simply push us without any reward.

Thanks Dr Bharat

View 2 other replies

It is a nice Initiative,and curofy is updating , Hope it will UG students also to learn more ... Will we also get a lot of benifit .as we are getting from curofy. But it will more time to post now a case .. And it will be hactic for those who r vry busy in there work .. And also now possible for those who don't know a detail case ... It should be there ,but it shouldn't be compulsary to fulfil all details ..

ONCE I GET THE CHANCE TO GET A NEW INTERESTING CASE IT WILL BE POSTED WITH ALL THE RELEVANT DETAILS FOR UPGRADING OUR KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELD OF OPHTHALMOLOHY

Actually this should be method of presentation. Same should be in reply containing details of features as well as treatment part

BEAUTIFUL . ILLUSTRATION NICE AND USEFUL UPDATE... THANKS. A ..LOT....SIR

Okay,will look forward to post more and more interesting cases Thankyou curofy!!

I will post any interesting case I get, with all formalities as specified.

Nice initiative.. hope people follow that new things

Good initiative for full detailed case format...

Load more answers