Any good options to treat stetch marks in Pregnancy?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Why do stretch marks occur? -------------- The skin though quite elastic it's elasticity has limits - its breakable. Whenever skin is stretched beyond its elasticity, there are breaks in fibers leading to stretch marks. Hormonal changes in pregnancy play a role. Also there is the genetic factor, if your mother had it, you are more likely to get it during pregnancy. How to avoid stretch marks? -------------- Though there is not much you can do to change your genes and the hormonal changes in pregnancy, you can certainly keep your skin moisturized to keep it elastic. Dry skin looses its normal elasticity and is more liable to break resulting in stretch marks. There are commercial stretch marks creams and oils but I'm not certain about their efficacy and authenticity of their advertisement. How to treat stretch marks once you get them? -------------- Stretch marks are permanent though they can fade overtime. There are commercial solutions to that like the much talked about Bio Oil and few others but I'm not sure how helpful those are going to be.

Amazing 👍

View 1 other reply

Management.. Moisture lotion use.. Coconut oil use.. Alovira use.. Tab vitamin E gel use.. Vicks use.. Tab multivitamins antioxidants trace elements od.. Daily exercise..

Thanks doctor Dinesh Gupta

View 1 other reply

Nothing specific treatment Only moisturizer and some alternative replents

Thanx dr Vipin Bihari Jain

View 2 other replies

I think tone of skin would be normal in due course of time. Alovera +Honey+Vit-E gel

Obviously it's moisturizer

Thanks Dr. Shivraj Agrawal, Dr.Dinesh Gupta, Dr. Pradumn Ambekar, Dr. Vijai Kumar Singh,Dr. Kute Ankush

NEED'S .. MOISTURIZERS .. ALOE VERA GEL .. BIO OIL ..

Moisturiser locally As such no specific treatment

Bio oil as suggested by all advertisement faculty 👌

Initially not rubbing roughly

ADVISABLE ADVANCED SILICON SCAR. GEL

Load more answers