Concluded Case

Asymptomatic covid19 pneumonitis v/s medical neglegence

Pt did not have any complaint 2308 2020 his office colleague found positive So he himself went to self quarantine and subjected to test on 27082020 He too found positive Hence he got him admitted at covid care centre He is treated with multivitamins only no detail investigations as he was asymptomatic Discharged day before yesterday He is asymptomatic till to day History Kco diabetes 2t On rx but irregular under c/o diabetologist He is young 27yr male unmarried Vitals Normal insignificant except uncontrolled diabetes Physical Examination Telephonic consultation was given as per telemedicine hence not seen physically Investigations Despite pt has no complaints and discharged from covid care centre I ordered the list of investigations not done during hospitalisation and noted the sea changes all are posted for your consideration Diagnosis Covid19 pneumonitis Management To day rehospitalised in morning for further action Open for your discussion My questions are 1 asymptomatic case having adverse chest signs 2 shouldn't he been investigated during hospitalisation 3Is multivitamins are treatment in protocol 4 is not a medical negligence if casualty happens

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Pt is diabetic as comorbidies found covid positive asymptomatic till to day xray and hrct are seen of covid19 pneumonitis with COAD IS 5 any time in time line of covid pt go in cytokine storm Hence to avoid mlc we should not foreget to investigations in detail despite of asymptomatic stage as it can be life threatening

All Answers

Pt is diabetic as comorbidies found covid positive asymptomatic till to day xray and hrct are seen of covid19 pneumonitis with COAD IS 5 any time in time line of covid pt go in cytokine storm Hence to avoid mlc we should not foreget to investigations in detail despite of asymptomatic stage as it can be life threatening

Thanx dr Pranab Bera

View 1 other reply

Sir with due respect to you, I want to make statement with responsibility that, this and all these Asymptomatic positive patients for COVID-19 are false positive patients, as I observed the same scenario in many patients during corona lockdown period, based on my personal observation.

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Disease so scary why not do d dimer il6 LDH ferritin Ecg only t wave inverted in v1 Already ground glass pneumonitis Cp score less then 24 infective Hrct cpss score Oxygen 5 minutes test or spo2 less then94

Yes sir thats why pt is admitted again beside left over and radical treatment Thanx i agree with you

View 2 other replies

Lack of awareness among doctors about the importance of early diagnosis of complications of COVID infection ,especially patients with comorbidities. Life can be saved if timely attention is given .

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Severe diabetic patient, HbA1c report FAIR CONTROL. So patient is dangerous conditions of comorbidies and covid positive.

Thank you doctor

Splenomegaly Viral Pneumonitis

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you