Basic pathophysiology behind quadriceps lag

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Quadriceps lag is tested in sitting 90-90 , preferably feet hanging and the person is asked to extend the knee... The difference between knee full extension and the actual extension possible is degree of lag... It gives you an estimate of quadriceps active insufficiency... it is not to be confused with quadriceps lack which is lack of passive extension of knee , tested in the same position.

I agree

View 3 other replies

So , QUADRICEPS LAG is basically weakness of QUADRICEPS FEMORIS MUSCLE. In this condition ,patient cannot fully extend his knee . Knee can be extend by the therapist passively .

I agree

Mostly seen after ACL injury Terminal 10-15 ° active knee extension lost Active insufficiency of Quadriceps femoris muscle Passively full extension ROM can be achieved

Yes,ROM can be achieved passively.Need vigorous qcps strengthening.

Sir It's an active insufficiency of quadriceps femoris muscle, where the patient is unable to extend the leg actively to full rom but can be achieved passively.

I agree

A quadriceps lag is present when a patient cannot fully actively extend the knee, but it can be fully passively extended by the therapist

Thank You Sir

Basic pathophysiology may be coz of abnormal increase in muscle length following by any trauma.And coz of myopathy also we can see it

Valuable opinion

Quadriceps leg when the patient cannot extend the knee actively but it can be fully passively extended by the physiotherapist

Thank you doctor

Lack of full knee extension with full qcps contraction.Commonly seen in TKR,ACL Reconstruction.

Valuable opinion

Patient can't extend his knee actively but, possible passively by therapist.

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Quadriceps lag when pt can't extend the leg fully

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you