'A bear we can't see'- COVId Panic among people

As coronavirus takes emotional toll, mental health professionals brace for spike in demand For the last few days, unease and paranoia have followed Ann Ostburg like a black cloud, as the coronavirus swept through the United States, reaching all 50 states by this week. With state and local governments urging isolation to stem the spread of the highly contagious and sometimes deadly respiratory illness, the 62-year-old Nebraska woman worries she will not be able to provide emotional support for her daughter, whose husband is paralyzed with Guillain-barre syndrome. If someone were to infect her son-in-law with his weakened immune system, "he'd be dead," Ostburg said. Chicagoan Mike Wisler was prescribed a sedative to help him sleep when the financial and emotional impact of the pandemic hit the 50-year-old bartender. "My mind won't shut off," Wisler said. "As soon as I wake up, it's like, 'How am I going to get by this month?'" With public gatherings banned, his work tending bar at parties and private events has evaporated. In North Carolina, 23-year-old Niko, who asked that his last name not be used, is in recovery for drug addiction, and fears a relapse. The grocery store clerk is suffering nervous ticks and bouts of reticence while trying to put on a brave face to avoid alarming shoppers. "What I'm worrying about in my head, I'm only showing about 20% of it," he said. Reference- https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/top-medical-news/article/2020/03/23/7627358/

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Thanks for sharing.

Cases that would interest you