Any disease in the muscus membrane of the small and big respiratory tube is called Bronchitis.
It occurs due to wearing wet clothes, bathing in the rain water, exposure to cold or dew, suppression of sweat, etc.
In the disease of muscus membrane of the small and big breathing pipe, the patient feels violent pain in the head, has no interest in doing any work, light fever, hoarseness, difficulty in breathing. In the first stage of this disease, he suffers from dry cough, discharge of thick yellow frothy phlegm, thickens thick coat on the tongue, dysuria (stranguary), etc. In the second stage of this disease, the patient feels difficulty in breathing, the throat begins to produce whirring sound due to phlegm in it, the temperature of the body is raised up to 104 degree, cold sticky sweating in the large volume, both the cheeks become red or yellow, the tongue becomes dry, becoming the hands and legs cold and dysuria (stranguary), etc. occur in this disease.
Use of different drugs in the condition of Bronchitis:-
1. Hepar-sulph:- Giving Hepar-sulph 6 is very useful in the condition of discharging yellow phlegm in the large volume with hoarseness, aggravating cough due to exposure to cold air or taking cold things, etc.
2. Ammon-carb:- If the patient faces much difficulty to bring out phlegm, Ammon-carb 3 is beneficial for the patient.
3. Antim-tart:- With violent cough, the patient feels as if his breath is stopping, phlegm comes out in pieces, a rustling sound comes, the patient feels severe pain in his waist, back and the forehead with fast heart beat, the throat produces whirring sound continuously, but little phlegm comes out, etc. Thus, giving Antim-tart 6 or 30 is very useful.
4. Aconite:- Giving Aconite 3x is beneficial in the initial stage of diseases related to the respiratory tube like- thrilling sensation in the chest and the throat with cough due to which, violent pain begins to generate in the forehead and the temple, etc.
5. Ipecac:- If the patient feels as if phlegm is stuck in his throat and he goes on crying all the time, taking Ipecac 3 is appropriate in such symptoms of the patient.
6. Causticum:- Causticum 30 should be given in the condition of hoarseness, violent cough due to which, a fragment of phlegm comes out, etc.
7. Merc-sol:- If the patient is suffering from wet cold with profuse sweating, aggravating the disease while sleeping at night, etc., Merc-sol 6 proves very effective.
8. Ars-iod:- Giving Ars-iod 3x is appropriate in the condition of fever, profuse sweating while sleeping at night, difficulty in breathing, phlegm which comes out during cough is like pus, feeling too weakness in the body, cough like T.B. presents in the patient, etc.
9. Belladonna:- Taking Belladonna 6 is very useful in the symptoms of Bronchitis like- dry cough, fever, violent headache, becoming the eyes and face of the patient as red, the patient becomes irritate in excessive bright light or by loud noises, etc.
10. Bryonia:- Giving Bryonia 30 is very useful in the conditions of diseases of the throat and big breathing tube, occurring violent cough, dry cough, beginning of pain in the chest while coughing which is aggravated due to movement, thick yellow or bloody phlegm comes out with cough. Cough starts as soon as the patient enters in a hot room and during sleep at night by which, he has to start up from sleep, etc.
11. Sanguinaria:- Cough by which the patient becomes unconscious; phlegm comes out in large volume with cough; the patient feels burning sensation or pain in his chest as if someone has scratched it; secretion from the nose due to cold, etc. thus, giving Sanguineria 3 proves very effective.
12. Kali-bicrome:- If the patient feels burning sensation in the chest and larynx, cough which creates troubles for small larynx, dirty phlegm like gum comes out while coughing, and thickening dirty yellow layer on the tongue, lack of appetite, etc., giving Kali-bicrome 6 or 12 provides relief.
13. Arsenic:- The patient takes breaths like a asthma patient during sleep and having more difficulty in inhaling and exhaling. He starts up from sleep at night due to coughing and thin (dilute) phlegm comes out while coughing, etc. thus, giving Arsenic 3, 12 or 30 is very useful in such symptoms of the patient.
14. Pulsatilla:- If the patient sleeps in a hot room or on the hot bed, his cough becomes faster (aggravated), gets relief in the open air, he feels violent dry cough at night and thin phlegm comes out with cough in the day time, etc. thus, giving Pulsatilla 3 is very useful in the condition of Bronchitis.
15. Carbo-veg:- The palms and the sole become cold in the chronic stage of bronchitis, feeling too weakness, nails of the hands and legs become blue, hoarseness, phlegm comes out in large quantity while coughing, etc. thus, taking Carbo-veg 6, 12 or 30 is appropriate.
16. Phosphorus:- The patient feels dry cough, coughing due to speaking, laughing, singing a song loudly, going outside in the cold from the room, feels heavy chest, phlegm is sweet, etc. thus; giving Phosphorus 3 is beneficial.
17. China:- Phlegm comes out in large volume with coughing due to which, the patient’s body is become weak. The patient feels as if a heavy weight has kept on his chest. Phlegm is sweet, etc, thus giving China 3, 12 or 30 is beneficial.
The patient should not take thick pillow under his head.
Tying bandage of mustard on the chest occasionally is beneficial.
If the patient becomes too weak, he should take soup of meat.
The patient should not walk in the dew or cold air.