c/o lesions over rt upper arm for 7 days for which ampiclox given elsewhere ...but not cured. Initially started as vesicles but later crusted. Kindly guide in Dx and Rx . Tq

LikeAnswersShare

LESIONS STARTED AS VESICLES, LATER CHANGING TO PUSTULES , ALTHOUGH LOCALISED APPEARS TO BE VARICELLA- ZOSTER INFECTION THAT IS IT MAY BE HERPES ZOSTER OR CHICKEN POX. ENQUIRE ABOUT ITCHING AND INSPECT OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY FOR SIMILLAR LESIONS. TREATMENT:- ACYCLOVIR .400 MG.Q.I.D.. LOCALLY APPLY ACYCLOVIR 2% SKIN OINTMENT.

Dx : Herpes Zoster (HZ). Please enquire P/H/O Chickenpox , if yes then it's HZ.

Locally Acyclovir cream ( 5 %) is suffice at this stage.

View 1 other reply

Looks like healing Herpes Zoster. Tab Acyclovir 800 mg Five times a day for 7 days. Local Acyclovir Ointment.

after 7 days of eruption of rash, is any role of acyclovir ?

lesion seems to be healing Herpes zoster. rx accordingly with acyclovir 800mg5hrly for 7 days with paracetamol & local application of acyclovir cream. ..

Herpes zoster

Appears to be a Healing phase of HERPES ZOSTER...HSV-1,Pls ask her if she had h/o ..back pain. toothache,.chickenpox fever, recent mental physical emotional stress periods, dental work. etc..

Herpes zoster.

Used for type 2 diabetes.

Dr.Giridharji...sorry to break the thread...May I ask you....in what context ...have you written..."....Used for type 2 diabetes....I'm sorry to have missed the link....

Herpes zoster lesions,maculopapulovesicular lesions on the erythematous base

Load more answers