C/O pain, itching, swelling. Diagnosis & treatment?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus. Involves mainly dermatom of 5th Cranial Nv distribution. Investigation:BSL Treatment: Tab Acyclovir 800mg 5times daily×7days, Acyclovir ointment to apply locally & Moxifloxacin eye ointment to apply locally only in eye.Cap Gabapentin 300mg TDS×14days,Tab Ibuprofen 400mg sos,Proper eye care.

Thank you doctor.

View 3 other replies

Herpes zoster acyclovir skin oint,acyclovir Eye/oint 5 hourly acyclovir tab acyclovir 800mg 5 hourly Tab bd promethazine ,cap Gabapentine 300mg bd vitC500mg bd moxflox eye/d tds 7 days with Hutchison sign (top of the nose involved)

I agree.

HERPES ZOSTER RT FORE HEAD EYE NBROW . RT EYE RT SIDE NOSE &LOWER EYE LIID RX 1ISOLATION a ACYCLOVIR 1 1PO 8OOmg 5 times ... FOR 7 DAYS 2 EYE DROPS TD b STEROID EYE DROPS TD C PREGABALIN

I agree.

Additionally there is a blister on the tip of the nose, Hutchinson rule - indicating the possibility of involvement of the eye.

I agree.

Herpes zoster ophthalmicus.

Thanks for the answer.

HZO.... Hutchinson sign positive

I agree.

Herpes zoster Give Acylovir 800 1 tab tds Brufen 400 1 tab tds Cream Acyclovir apply locally

Thanks for the answer.

r h z ophthalmics highsons sign positibe as tip of nose is involved indicating corneal involement

Thank you doctor.

HZO

I agree.

Herpes zoster opthalmicus,rule out HIV, treat accordingly..

Thank you doctor.
Load more answers