URINARY HAPTOGLOBIN IS LINKED TO MORTALITY WITH INFECTIONS CVD IN T2DM

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on Urinary Haptoglobin. Urinary Haptoglobin, an acute phase reactant is an independent novel biomarker of mortality from infections & Cardiovascular disease in patients with Type2 DM, A study from Asia & Europe, Diabetes Care, March, 2020. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

(Edited)

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Thanks for the update - Sir . Urinary haptoglobin may be normally present but its role in T2DM as an independent novel biomarker of mortality from infections and CV disease patients was not understood earlier. Sir , can you elaborate on haptoglobin, synthesized by liver , an acute phase reactant- the rise or decrease in levels in urine are related with the risk and how much - Thanks
Valuable opinion
Sorry ,Sir, Is it haptoglobulin or haptoglobin ?
Dear Krishnan, I am extremely sorry at the same time thankful to you for correcting me. It is only Haptoglobin, absolutely not Haptoglobulin. It was my typo error with auto spell check with the key pad. Kindly excuse me for my mistake. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan

View 3 other replies