UPDATE ON COVID 19 FROM WUHAN, DEATHS DUE TO HEART INVOLVEMENT IS 22%.

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on Cardiac Injury seen in COVID 19. Cardiac injury was commonly seen in 19.7% of patients with COVID-19. And this was an independent risk factor of in hospital mortality. Mortality in patients with Cardiac injury (Elevated high sensitivity troponin I) was 51.2% compared with 4.5% in those without Cardiac injury. Study from Wuhan. JAMA Cardiology, March, 2020. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

20 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Probably the virus produces a cardio toxin or the inflammatory mediators secreted to fight the virus cause cardiac muscle damage . There may be a stage in this infection , when paradoxically ,steroids or biologicals may be indicated .
Valuable opinion
NICE UPDATE...SIR BUT. I. THINK.... THAT... ACUTE .. RESPIRATORY DISTRESS ...IS. THE. MAIN. PROBLEM. AND CONTRIBUTORY. FACTOR.....
Treatment For nCovid 2019....is Tab. Aspirin 325mg Tab. Antihistamine Tab. Chloroquine Nasal Spray. Tab. Immunace Or. Tab. IGTG Forte
I don't think it's Evidence Based Medicine

View 1 other reply

Corona viras more affected Resp Tract...Lungs developed severe pneumonia, ARDS/Lung injury .2ndly affected Heart AMI / Viral Myocarditis
Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

The action of sidhamakaradhwaj an ayurvedic medicine is already studied... Why it's not using
Sorry, I don't know about it
Very useful n informative post /updates, Sir.
Thank you doctor
Than is it a cardiac reason for death
First culprit is lung, Pneumonia f/b ARDS. Second is Heart, Viral Myocarditis/Acute MI.

View 4 other replies

NICE UPDATING SIR
Thank you doctor
Nice update sir
Thanks dear Amitabha
Nice update sir
Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you