Concluded Case

A case of Traumatic Brain Injury with Pneumocephalus.

New Case 52 yr old ,M, Fell down from bicycle and the forehead hit on the floor on 4th of this month. Transient loss of conciousness and vomited once. Evaluated at local hospital and then transferred. On exam fully conscious, vitals stable ,intact cranial nerves, gr 5 / 5 power both upper and lower limbs. What abnormality in CT brain .

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Thanks Curofy and other Doctors. Discussion : What abnormality in CT brain. * Pneumocephalus noted along the sulci in the bilateral frontoparietal temporal regions ( R > L),with in the sylvian fissure b/l,basilar cisterns and anterior interhemisphric fissure. Mild diffuse edema noted. * Very thin SDH bilateral posterior parietal region rt > left. * Comminuted # with displacement seen involving bilateral maxillary,ethmoid & outer table of frontal sinus with hemosinus involving all the paranasal sinus. # noted involving roof of sphenoid sinus with hemosinus.
All Answers
A/H/O RTA WITH TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY CT SCAN -Diffuse AIR EMBOLISM DUE TO LEFT BASI-FRONTAL+ TEMPORAL DEPRESSED # WITH DIFFUSE EDEMA CLINICAL SYMPTOMS DUE TO RAISED INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE Needs medical conservative treatment
I agree
Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Thanks Curofy
Thanks Curofy and other Doctors. Discussion : What abnormality in CT brain. * Pneumocephalus noted along the sulci in the bilateral frontoparietal temporal regions ( R > L),with in the sylvian fissure b/l,basilar cisterns and anterior interhemisphric fissure. Mild diffuse edema noted. * Very thin SDH bilateral posterior parietal region rt > left. * Comminuted # with displacement seen involving bilateral maxillary,ethmoid & outer table of frontal sinus with hemosinus involving all the paranasal sinus. # noted involving roof of sphenoid sinus with hemosinus.
There appears to be traumatic pneumocephalous secondary to depressed frontal bone#
I agree
Hemorrhage frontal sinus and pneumoencephlocoele
I agree
Pneumocephalus
I agree

Cases that would interest you