1 day old male boy presented with cleft lip, palate and cloudy cornea.. ?dx and management.....

LikeAnswersShare
This child has 1. Cloudy cornea and narrow palpebral fissures - anterior chamber anomaly 2. Cleft lip with cleft palate If I put both in an equation PETERS PLUS SYNDROME strikes my mind. Look for other features like A. Limb anomalies B. Congenital heart disease C. Genito urinary anomalies D. Hypothyroidism E. developmental delay that we have to wait n see. Kindly update the further course
Undergrad viva question Causes of cloudy cornea..STUMPED sclerocornea Tears in DM Ulcer Metabolic diseases Post kconus Endothelial dystrophy Dermoid
Peters plus syndrome
Ectodermal dysplasia
Case of Multiple CONGENITAL ANOMALIES: CLOUDY CORNEA. CLEFT LIP & PALATE. LOW HAIR LINE. R/O CONGENITAL GLAUCOMA. WORK UP: KARYOTYPING. 2 D ECHO. SEARCH FOR OTHER CONGENITAL ANOMALIES. OPTHALMOLOGIST EVALUATION. PEDIATRIC SURGEONS OPINION.
Lid coloboma and cleft palate may be present in Patau and Treacher-Collins syndrome. If somebody may be curious to know about Ocular Syndromes, please read a book of mine- Chapter 21, Manual of Ophthalmic Diagnosis,2 ed, Jaypee, 2013.
Ectodermal dysplasia . Not very uncommon (1 in 10000). Related to p63 gene mutation
Ectodermal dysphasia

Cases that would interest you