AN UPDATE ON SUPPLEMENTATION OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN SEVERE COVID19

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on Vitamin D and Severe COVID19. High CRP (A surrogate of cytokine storm) levels are associated with severe COVID-19 and severe Vit D deficiency is associated with high CRP. Hence Correction of Vitamin D deficiency may lower the risk of severe COVID-19 infections Recent Publications say that there is no role for Vitamin D in COVID19. A debatable issue all the time as you are all aware of such issues. As of now nothing is perfect with regards to COVID19. Everything is trial and error basis only. So to be or not be is your individual decision. But I feel like supplementation of Vitamin D has always beneficial to the patients & to almost any living human being on this planet. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
THANKS DR SEPURI KRISHNA MOHAN for this wonderful update on Vitamin D and its beneficial role in severe COVID-,19 patients. Sir - I would like to use this opportunity to tell curofians that you have touched a neglected medical topic. Because I don't call Vitamin- D as a vitamin but a PROHORMONE and it have beneficial aspects,on every human body system like other pro - hormones. 1.A proved role in prevention of influenza-another similar respiratory viral disease like COVID-,19 2.Regulating insulin levels and supporting diabetes management. Also a role in prevention of T1DM . 3.Promotes healthy bones and teeth. Deficiency may cause rickets in children and osteoporosis and osteomalacia,in adults . 4.Supports Pulmonary and cardiovascular functions 5.A supportive tole in a healthy immune , brain and nervous system. 6.Influencing the expression of Genes involved in cancer development. 7.Maintains a healthy pregnancy with reduced risk of pre- eclampsia, gestational diabetes and bacterial vaginosis. 8.Role in allergy- A connection between low vitamin D and increased risk of allergic sensitization has been observed. 9.In infants and children- a possible connection between low vitamin- D and stiffness of arterial walls with increased risk of pediatric hypertension has been observed. THANKS
Dear Parveen, Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Nicely summarized. Thanks for your kind interaction as usual. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL ROUNDER OF CUROFY Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan

View 1 other reply

Although Vitamin D is not the treatment but it is beneficial in lowering the severity of COVID-19
Thank you doctor
Thanks for sharing this update Sir.
Valuable opinion
Nice information sir
Thank you doctor
vit D is very helpful Especially pregnant women and those women aging above 40 !! @Sepuri Krishna Mohan it's role in covid might be doubtful but it's role in bone morphogenesis is proved
I feel clarity is missing in your question dear Tahir. Please come again
https://youtu.be/lOZNDdM4xV8 you can share this video to your patients. I made it for my clinic patients as in this lockdown most of the people are engaging themselves in YouTube.
Thank you doctor
Thank u sir. What about ivermectin and doxycycline combination. Which Bangladesh doctors are claiming to b efficient.
It's the claim of BMCH, Bangladesh Medical College Hospital but not corroborated by any International authorities related to COVID19 like WHO CDC. Let's wait and watch. Nothing is 100% perfect regarding COVID19. That's may be correct till to that minute.
Informative sir
Thank you doctor
Thanks doctor
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you