NPH dosage calculation

(Edited)

LikeAnswersShare

NPH/ISOPHANE is 30:70 most commonly used 0.4 to0.6 units per kg 2/3rd in morning 1/3rd in evening Doses to be given 1/2 hr before meals to avoid hypoglycemia

Thanx dr Ashok Leel

View 2 other replies

2/3rd in morning and 1/3rd in evening. For basal insulin 0.3 to 0.5 is the dose. NPH is 30/ 70 and 50/50 formulation. depending upon PPG u titrate the dose.

Valuable opinion

I have stopped using NPH insulin Glargine Insulin is far more superior, lesser chance of hypoglycemia with Glargine Insulin, better sugar control with Glargine insulin

I agree

.5 units / kg bw divided in two doses 2/ in morning and 1/ 3 in evening. Basal insulin calculation as 0.1 to 0.2 units / Kg bw at bedtime. Glargine insulin is superior with less chance of developing hypoglycemia.

Thanks Dr Shivraj Agarwal

Nph type I 0.5 to o.1 units/kg Type Ii 0.2 to o.6 Total 1/3 regular morning Evening 1/3 each regular and nph

Valuable opinion

Like for premix 30/70, we calculate as 0.5units/kgbw into two divided doses, 2/3rd in morning and 1/3rd in night Similarly, for basal insulins we calculate as 0.1 to 0.2 units/kgbw or simply 10 units to start with at bedtime How to go about for NPH insulins? Please guide

.1 units/kg

I agree

0.7 — 1 unit / kg wt

Thank you doctor

Nph insulin intermediate acting not used now adays

Thank you doctor