Can metformin and Pioz be given with Glargine 12 U HS and Regular Insulin 4 U TDS, S.Cr 1.88??

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Yes . You can prescribed the medicine but before starting complete assessment and investigation must be looked and analyze carefully. Regular evaluation and regular monitoring required. Periodical assessment of LFT and KFT.

Thanks Dr Shivraj Agarwal

View 2 other replies

I feel only basal bolus in this case will be sufficient. Cannot risk it with metformin, as in case of any acute renal shutdown getting hospital beds will be a problem during pandemic. A diet consult from a clinical nutritionist will be helpful. I have started this since last few months in the face of declining physical activity and diet control in people with diabetes.

Valuable opinion

Sr creatinine 1.8 is marginally raised eGFR seems to be good enough ie above 45 to 60 Hence combination can be given

Thanx dr Ajeet Pal Singh

View 2 other replies

Looks a lot of OHAs and too many types of insulin and too many injections per day just to control DM. Probably might do well to have a diabetologiat to take a fresh hard look at him and the dm .That alone might bring down the serum creatinine.

Sir, Basal Bolus regimen is recommended is this scenario as HbA1c is way too high

View 5 other replies

Yes, but you've to monitor the Creatinine level & continue further if not detoriate

Valuable opinion

Yes can be given but under observation

I agree

With Glargine and Regular insulin Metformin and linagliptin can be given Linagliptin should be eliminated by Hepatobiliary route so LFT done

Valuable opinion

NICELY. DISCUSSED. IN DETAILS... THANKS. DR

Thanks

Diseases Related to Discussion