Concluded Case

Can take Anti Rabies vaccine after had Covishield vaccine??

30 years male came complaints that rat bit at night Dr suggested vaccination of ARV dates may 1 & 3 and 15 &30 may 2021 He had been taken 1, 2, 3 vaccination of ARV But mean while of 4 the dose of ARV, he has taken Covishield vaccination, now 4 dose scheduled as per dates came 30 may 2021. Now can he take 4 the dose of ARV ? because yester day he has taken Covishield vaccine. Is the any contraindicated to ARV vs Covishield ? Chief Complaints Small pain at rat bit Because of Covishield vaccine which was taken yesterday, has been suffering with body pain For body pains he has taken Paracetamol History 3 doses of ARV completed he forgetten about 4 dose Mean while he has taken Covishield Now recollected 4 the dose of ARV Vitals Normal Physical Examination Body pains No fever Investigations Nothing Diagnosis Kindly do suggest can patient take ARV of 4 the dose after taking Covishield vaccine?

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Covishield vaccination... ARV injection of doses.. After 2 weeks Covishield.. Any antireaction.. ARV dose.. 1 dose Covishield 2 weeks is better.. No fever.. no reaction.. 2 dose after 7 days.. No fever headache , rashes. 3 dose 2 weeks... 4 dose after no reaction and fever Any complications.. 4 dose.. 2 weeks.. Protocol of Covishield vaccination.. ARV injection doses.. nice maintenance..

All Answers

Covishield vaccination... ARV injection of doses.. After 2 weeks Covishield.. Any antireaction.. ARV dose.. 1 dose Covishield 2 weeks is better.. No fever.. no reaction.. 2 dose after 7 days.. No fever headache , rashes. 3 dose 2 weeks... 4 dose after no reaction and fever Any complications.. 4 dose.. 2 weeks.. Protocol of Covishield vaccination.. ARV injection doses.. nice maintenance..

Thank you doctor

The schedule given about antirabies vaccine is incorrect In this it is mentioned 0,3,15 and 30 But actual schedule is 0, 3, 7, 14 and 30 The 7th day dose is missing Maximum 7 days delay is acceptable. If it’s more than 7 days delay then Please restart the schedule from Day-0 After dose of vaccine on 3rd May next dose was to be on 7th May, Today is 29th May, there is a very long gap in vaccination schedule Therefore, antirabies vaccination needs to be restarted 0,3,7,14 and 28 day dose to be given after starting afresh. Antirabies vaccine is Vitally important, do not delay it in view of covishield vaccine

Thank you doctor

Arv if not given in rat bite ok If wants to give Day 0 3 7 14 28 Covisheild period 1 st dose & 2 nd minimum 3 to 4 month gap Can be given For my pt no arv Only antibiotics

Thank you doctor

Rat & Human bit doesn't require ARV . Rat bit Do not cause Rabbies frequently . Post Exposure Rabbies Vaccine I/M 0.5 ml - 0,3,7,14&28 I/D 0.1 ml - 0,3,7&28(2dose each day) Pre- Exposure Rabbies Vaccine I/M 1ml - 1,14&28 If pt take already Covishield vaccine no take 4th dose

Thank you doctor

I think either he can leave 4th dose of ARV or after one week gap of Covishild vaccine he can take ARV. No problem. There shud be atleast one wk gap. Instead of 4th dose of ARV he shud take inj.TT & oral Antibiotic. Betadine oint to apply locally at Rat bite site. Better to avoid 4th dose of ARV.

Thank you doctor

yess ptn can take anti rabies vaccine as per dose scheduled. no interactions such with covishield vaccination. these rabies vaccination dosage has gone wrong plz recorrect later.

Thanks for ur appreciation Dr Rakesh kayasth..

No interaction expected with these 2 vaccines.

Thank you doctor

No contraindication with intervals

Thank you doctor

Can take

Thank you doctor

YES SIR , WE SHOULD GIVE AFTER RABIES VACCINED... AS PER ICMR PROTOCOL...

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Rashes
Rabies

Cases that would interest you