Concluded Case

cellulitis

36/m known diabetic swelling over left foot within 3 days positive signs of inflammation. management plan??

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

There is definitely cellulitis of the great toe with dorsum of foot as there is oedema with redness is there Pt is diabetic so absolute control of diabetes by inj Insulin Blood examination total and differential count Kidney profile Limb to rested eleveted Inj ceftriaxone 1gm +salbactum 500 mg bd to continue Tab anti inflammatory Analgesic as per requirement To continue for 2-4days if resolution occurs it is OK I think this cellulitis is secondary may be associated pin prick /fungal infection and chance of resolution is less may need incision and drainage when the will be collection with Pus point If necessary primary source to be treated if there is at all.

All Answers

IT'S A..CASE OF.. ? CELLULITIS..WITH..DM.. * STRICT GLYCEMIC CONTROL WITH ANTIDIABETIC MANAGEMENT WITH EXPERTS OPINION.. * ANTIBIOTICS..IV..AS WELL ORALLY AS PER REQUIREMENT WITH NSAIDS.. * WOUND MANAGEMENT WITH SURGEONS OPINION.. * INVESTIGATIONS.. X-RAY STUDY.. HEMOGRAM.. URINE ROUTINE.. BSR HBA1C.. PUS C AND S EXAMINATION..

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

There is definitely cellulitis of the great toe with dorsum of foot as there is oedema with redness is there Pt is diabetic so absolute control of diabetes by inj Insulin Blood examination total and differential count Kidney profile Limb to rested eleveted Inj ceftriaxone 1gm +salbactum 500 mg bd to continue Tab anti inflammatory Analgesic as per requirement To continue for 2-4days if resolution occurs it is OK I think this cellulitis is secondary may be associated pin prick /fungal infection and chance of resolution is less may need incision and drainage when the will be collection with Pus point If necessary primary source to be treated if there is at all.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

CELLULITIS WITH ABSCESS Oral or injectable antibiotics. Control of DM CBC, ESR and CRP. I would have avoided all NSAIDs. They may make control of infection difficult.

Thank you doctor

Celluliitis with pus Strict control of diabetes Antibiotics orally Antiinflammatory analgesics I/D of pus Dressing with T Bact oint

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

DM CELLULITIS VASCULAR INSUFFIENCY AS SEEN COLOUR CHANGE OF LITTLE TOE SURGICAL CONSULTATION BLOOD CBC LIBIDS DOPPLER ULTRASOUND OF ARTERIES LOWER LIMBS RX GLYCEMIC CONTROL ANTIBIOTICS . . ANTI INFLAMATORY DRUGS STATIN

Thank you doctor

Control diabetes FBS ppbs hb1 ac abscess of Lt great toe I& d under digital block inj amikacin aug625tds enzoflam tds daily dressing with megaheal

Thank you doctor

Cellulitis with pus control of diabetes Antibiotics , anti inflammatory analgesic Dressing with fusiwal oint.

Thank you doctor

Diabetic foot infection Tight control of DM with insulin I&D ,dressings Antibiotics, Arterial colour Doppler , xray foot

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Cellulitis with Pus

Thank you doctor

SUGGESTIVE OF DIABETIC VASCULAR INSUFFICIENCY WITH CELLULITIS. AND ABSCESS

Load more answers