?Cellulitis

A 35 year old female who is a known case of T2DM under treatment Chief Complaints She had been complaining of weakness for which I got hos reports done and it revealed IDA Management I had planned her for 3 infusions, but 2 infusion of iron sucrose was getting blocked, compounder somehow infused the 2nd one, but after that on removal of IV set she has developed swelling with pain, non resolving to chymoral forte and ice application. She also adds that pain has now reached to shoulder too I have started her on linezolid 600 BD plus amoxiclav 625 BD Is it cellulitis? Redness is not present, but it was quite hot

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

? UNCONTROLLED DIABETES .. WITH .. CELLULITIS .. NEED'S .. CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION WITH .. HEMOGRAM.. ANEMIA PROFILE .. URINE ROUTINE .. BSR..HBA1C .. X-RAY STUDY .. ENDOCRINOLOGIST OPINION ..

Tnx &wc Dr Ajeet Pal Singh

View 1 other reply

Iron sucrose extravasation can cause cellulitis which is not responsive to antibiotics. It can cause necrosis of the skin and fasciae beneath in worst cases. Still, continue antibiotics and better to advise an X-ray of the affected area is tenderness precludes ultrasound imaging. Adv elevating the limb, cold compress, avoid massaging the area, Antiinflammatory analgesic + Pheniramine.

Valuable opinion

Uncontrolled diabetes cellulitis dermaopathy Dermatitis..? Management.. Control blood sugar levels.. Citrus fruits only taken.. Tab methotrexate.. Clinicopathological evaluation.. Hemogram.. Anemia test.. Urine test.. BSR.. HBA1C.. CT scan.. Meditation start.. Life style changes eating and regularly life.. Excercise daily.. Medication continue..

Thanks doctor

View 1 other reply

I wil say after IV transfusion she developed the symptoms.it is thromboplebitis,with time the swelling started to increase. As patient known case of diabetes. Need control her BSL, May require USG of affected hand Apply magsulf dressing Upper limb elevation NSAID Control BSL

Valuable opinion

Uncontrolled Diabetes with Thrombophlebitis and IDA Needs further investigation and evaluation to conclude and line of treatment. Control BSL with medicine ,diet control and exercise. Thrombphob oint locally after ice compression. BS antibiotics orally. Analgesic orally. Keep part in rest position and repeated cold compression.

Thanks Dr Pushkar Bhomia

View 2 other replies

At what level of HB , did you plan Iron Sucrose ?.. I mean was it an urgent requirement ? S.Feretin.../ Coagulation pathology ?

Sir, as far as I remember it was 8.5

After Iv infusion pt develop swelling with pain It is not cellulities,it is thrombo phlebitis Strict Glycemic control continue same treatment Do Cbc ,HbA1c,usg hand

Thanks Dr

View 1 other reply

Vain puncture & clot formation with stasis & swelling? It's not cellulitis. Continue same tt. Thrombophob oint to apply locally. Wait & watch for further IV drip.

Valuable opinion

Thrombophlebitis Heparin oint locally Nsaid orally

Valuable opinion

Evaluate for comorbidities. Continue same treatment. Sos Blood culture

Valuable opinion
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you