Hepatitis C

Please guide me on dealing with Hepatitis C positive patient, Does anyone have experience of treating Hepatitis C patient ? On viral markers, patient is HCV positive. HCV RNA viral load not yet ordered USG - Fatty liver and mild ascites Serum Bilirubin raised mild Pitting Edema present too Hb - 8.1 mg/DL Patient is chronic alcoholic

(Edited)
LikeAnswersShare
Investigation: viral load and identify the HCV genotype Usually it 70% 1a or 1b Usg for extent of liver damage T/t : combination therapy for 12-14 weeks 1) sofosbuvir 400mg 2) velpatasvir 100 mg 3) voxilapresvir 100 mg Od dose for at least 12 week Goal of treatment : no virus detection at least for 12 week duration Follow up with : LFT USG
First of all ask the patient to stop drinking Secondly get hcv genotype and quantitative analysis done. The standard regime that we follow is only if the viral load is more than 20000 Dacla + sofu is what we follow for 3 months but if the patient has cirrhosis then dacla + valpa for 6 months. For genotype 1
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

I have shared the picture if you want you can have a look
Thank you doctor
Hepatitis c  1): punnarnavadi + bhumiamla + kutki+ avipattikar churan: 2 tsp BD A/F with warm water. 2 ): arogyavardhini + punnarnavadi mandura: 1 each TID B/F 3: phalatrikadi kwatha: 30 ml BD with 30 ml warm water B/F
Thank you so much @Sumeet Verma Sir for your valuable guidance.
Pleaure is all mine

View 1 other reply

Sofosovir Velptasavir