Chronic right hydrocoele with resolving left orchitis/Prostatomegaly

He is feeling relieved with medicines and his scrotal swelling has reduced to almost 80% now, but still 20% exist Meanhile, his CBC is wnl, Urine R,M is normal Urine CS - Awaited S. PSA is 8.5 (Reference range is <4) Kindly guide further in treatment for this patient?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Epididymoorchitis usually require long term antibiotic therapy Continue antibiotic for 2 - 3 weeks There is likely to be accompanying prostatitis, therefore PSA is raised Please do per rectal examination to feel the prostate, nodularity, hardness and tenderness If per rectal examination do not suggest hard and nodular prostate, then he can be managed conservatively and PSA test repeated after 1 - 2 months

Valuable opinion

It is obvious Dr.Ajitji to have elevated PSA. One herbal medicine i remember of my experience.. FORTAGE + BANGSHIL..( Alarsin). This medicines my Late father and Principal, BHU has suggested me to practice some 50 years back..I prescribed in hundreds of pts and find 95 % results without Alpha blocker.

Valuable opinion

Pt is 64 yrs of age Having BPH and raised PSA Chr orchitis with hydrocele resolving as per history In my opinion no hydrocele can resolve completely rather recurrence are there In this age rather trying conservative i will suggest for surgical intervention TURP Consistent bph is cause for infection and a future malignancy as PSA indicates

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

It will take time for COMpLITE recovery Ruleout mycobacterium tuberculosis inf Cont orapenum 7day Wieght urine cul sens

Valuable opinion

NEED'S.. HEMOGRAM.. URINE ROUTINE AND..C &S EXAMINATION.. CTCE STUDY ABDOMEN.. HPE..STUDY..

Tnx Dr Anil Gangani

View 1 other reply

When the prostatic volume is high, a higher PSA value is accepted/acceptable. Clearly the orchitis was secondary to retrograde infection and also UTI. So it is advisable to wait for 3 weeks and repeat the PSA total and free.If the psa is still high, a u/s guided multicore prostate biopsy is advised. Further treatment for prostate will be decided by the HPE report.

Thank you doctor

Usg abdomen Previod urine Post void Wt of prostate 25 gm normal Color Doppler sos biopsy HP

Valuable opinion

P S A is more we can go for prostatectomy for HPE if Malignancy then Chemotherapy + Radiotherapy

Valuable opinion

Rx Galo ghan tab 1bd Bangshil tab 2bd Fortage tab 2bd Kanchnar guggul 2bd SH tab 1bd for 4 to 6 weeks

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you