COLOUR VISION AND WATERING FROM EYES IN YOUNG CHILD

5Y6M / Boy (My son) For 10 days we have been noticing watering from both of his eyes during online classes in mobile and during watching TV. Can't understand whether the culprit is the TV screen or mobile screen or the fan air. But he himself saying that high speed fan is the problem. Turning down the fan is reducing the watering a bit. He had a severe eye allergy 3 Yrs back for which doctor gave Prednisolone eye ointment and oral Antihistaminic which relieved the symptoms. Often he undergoes red eyes with occasional itching in his eyes. In present condition suspecting allergy we had given him Cetrizine syrup though he had neither redness in eyes nor the itching. It didn't give much relief though reduced watering a little during online class in the morning. As a routine check up I went for his colour blindness check up from mobile application which shown red-green colour blindness. He is absolutely fine in near vision test and apparently normal distant vision done at home. His mother is 26 Yrs old. She probably has astigmatism and wears power glasses. I have decided to visit an opthalmologist. But want some suggestions.... 1. What should we do if colour vision detected? 2. If there any chance of correction of colour vision if any with advancement of age or by treatment? 3. Which professions a colour blind person can't choose?

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

DEAR DR GHULAM MOTTUZA A S L I READ THE HISTORY OF YOUR SON 5YESRS AND 6 MONTHS OLD THEIR ARE TWO PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CHILD 1 OVER EXPOSURE TO ONLINE MOBILE OR LAPTOP WE KNOW IT IS NECESSARY THESE DAYS FIR THE STUDIES DUE TO CIVID19 PANDEMIC OUTBREAK OVERUSE OF MOBILE OR LAP TOP IN CHILDREN FROM 5 TO 9 YEARS CAUSES A SYNDROME KNOWN AS MOBILE LAPTOP SYNDROME HERE CHILDREN PRESENT WITH HEADACHE EYE ACHE EYE STRIAN VOMITTING VERTIGO IRRITABIKITY CHANGE IN BEHAVIOUR OF CHILD FAINTING BLUED VISION DIPLOPIA SQUINT ASTIGMATISM SECONDLY YOUR DON HAS ALLERGIC CONJUNCTIVITIS AND ONE SHOULD NERVER START STRONG STERIOD DROPS LIKE PREDENESOLONE EYE DOPS THE BEST AND SAFEST PROTOCOLE FOR ALLERGIC CONJUCTIVITIS IS OLOPAPTADINE EYE DROPS THESE ARE ANTICHOLENERGIC AND ANTISLLERGIC DROPS ONE DROP 3 TIMES A DAY NO ,2 NONSTETIODAL ANTIINFLAMMATIRY EYE DROPS ONE DROP 3 TIMES A DAY 3 OCULLARDECONGASTANT WITH ANTIHISTAMINE EYE DROPS CONTINUE ALL THREE AT LEAST FOR ,2 TO ,3 WEEKS U SHOULD CONSULT PAEDIATRIC OPHTHALMOLOGIST GOR BOTH THSES AILMENTS REGARDIND COLOUR VISION WE HAVE THREE PRIMARY COKOUR OF SPECTRUM RED GREEN YELLOW IN COLOUR BLIND PEOPLE THEIR MAY BE ABSENCE OF ONE OR TEO PRIMARY COLOURS OF SPECTRUM WE NEVER HAVE ABSENCE OF ALL THE BTHREE IT IS A GENETIC DISORDER NO TREATMENT PT WHO ARE COLOR BLIND HAVE NORMAL VISION OR NORMAL RETINA ONLY IF WE FIND A COLOUR VISION DEFECTIVE PATIENTBFEW PROFESSIONS HAVE TO BE AVOIDED RAILWAYS ENGINE DRIVER PILOT NAVIGATORS CHEMICAL Engineering

Sir, an renowned opthalmologist had advised Prednisolone so that we used it as the condition was very severe. We don't allow him to scroll mobile too much but in corona pandemic there is no alternative for that. Can't understand what shall we do now. If we remain free we keep engage him in games like ludo, chess, carrom, badminton, cricket etc but problem is at the day time maximum time is spent by me at hospital and his mother remain busy in cooking, washing and other household activities. In the evening I have my own study and his mother prepares our food so we allowed him 1-2 hrs to watch TV. After the problem has been noticed the time is reduced to half an hour and that too only in the evening. Think almighty will take care of everything. We are too much tensed that if colour vision problem is detected he won't have much options in his career to choose. Pray for my son sir. At the end of the day we have nothing excepting praying to Him. THANK YOU SIR FOR GIVING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME FOR THIS LITTLE BROTHER.

Besides the treatment for dry eyes as suggested, it is beneficial to provide break of 2 mins after every 20 minutes of screen use.. in this 2 minutes child should close eyes.. look at a distant point in space... This helps to lubricate the eyes.. children would tend to stare and blink less... You can teach this to your child and he will be able to do it regularly.. mom can remind from the kitchen every 20 minutes easily in the beginning so he gets into the habit...also teach him to position the screen in such a way that he is looking downwards and not straight.. downward gaze keeps the eyes more than partially closed and this helps to provide continuous lubrication.. Wishing your son well... Do not be worried about colour blindness... He will be able to do well for himself despite it

Very nicely explained ma'am. Thank you for your kind suggestions.

View 1 other reply

Most likely problem with your son is dryness of eye ,made worse by fan air. TEAR PLUS or Refresh drops and bed time use of moisturising gel can help. Color blindness is common and is not a tragedy . It is genetic . Needs to be confirmed by ophtholmilogists. Usually color blindness is accompanied by refractive errors. Need to check . Recurrent Corneal Abrasion is a condition that can mimic your son's's symptoms. Needs eye check up. There are enough good professions other than Armed forces, professional drivers , in the world.

Thank you doctor for your nice answer and kind words as well.

View 2 other replies

Most probably son is suffering from xerophthalmia or dry cure by methyl cellulose or tear plus eye drops. Colour blindness is common in india and genetic there is no no cure ,one live with it but Govt of allowed fee profession but india police service,military service,fire fighters and drivers are barred from it few more services are there but recently medical collages allowed student with colour blindness. Partial blindness is not a disqualification. Consult opthalmologist everything will be all right.

Thank you sir for your nice answer.

View 2 other replies

To THE CUROFY REVIEWER'S I COMMENTED ON THE POST OF DR GHULAM MORTAZA REGARDING HIS FIVE AND HALF YEARS CHILD EXPOSED TO MOBILES AND ON LINE CLASSES ALSO HAVING ALLERGIC CONJUCTIVITS TWO OF THE VIEWERS AWARDED ONE AND THREE POUNTS IN MY FAVOUR AS THEY LIKED MY COMMENTD SOMEHOW THSESE FIYR POINTS HAVE NOT BEEN ADDED TO MY POINTS SCORE WHICH STILL READS 4043 IT SHOULD READ AS 4047 AFTER ADDITION OF FOUR POINTS SO I REQUEST THE. AUTHORITIES OF CUROFY TO LOOK IN TO THIS MATTER UNGENTLY

No matter how score is in your collection, your advice and suggestion matter to us sir.

View 1 other reply

WELCOME DR. @ GOLAM. MORTUZA. JI SINCE. THE. AGE. AT. PRESENT IS. ....5. AND. HALF. YRS... AND HE. WAS. GIVEN. PREDNISOLONE ABOUT. THREE. YRS. AGO.... SO.... POSSIBILITY.... IS RECURRENT. INFECTION AND VISION. PROBLEMS.... SECONDARY. TO ... STEROIDAL. USE.... THIS. IS. VERY. COMMON. IN. CHILDREN. UPTO. 5--6. YRS. OF. AGE. GROUP....IF....STEROIDAL. PREPARATION. IS. USED

Thank you doctor

There are three types cones sedative to three colors red green and blue sensitive to detectors Color vision is genetic problem it cannot be corrected Professional restrictions for color blind Fire fighters,Law enforcement , meat inspectors,,diamond abraisers ,bus drivers

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Filamentry keratitis is associated with underlying basement membrane abnormalities which are associated with hypertonic tear film states .Filament elongate and coiled with lid movements The ratio of mucous to aqueous is increased because of decrease in tear production

Thank you doctor

Colour blindness is detected only with ISHIHARA pseudoisochromatic charts. God forbid if he is seen to have any colour blindness then there is no remedy. Pray and wish for his normal vision and normal colour vision!! @ Dr Golam Mortuza.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply