Concluded Case

Conclusion on Frivolous Claims

Doctors are subjected to mental agony when our professional conduct is being questioned by unreasonable demands made by complaints only to extract compensation by undue means. Solution in such vexatious claims?

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Supreme Court in Justin Sharma v. Batra hospital case " It is our bounden duty and obligation of the civil society to ensure that medical professionals are not unnecessarily harassed or humiliated so that they can perform their professional duties without fear and apprehension" So malicious proceedings of extracting money from doctors deserve to be discarded.

All Answers

Sir There is no perfect solution We doctors need to be kind while testing patients but at the same time careful to protect themselves against possible medicolegal actions by few of the patients There are few who are litigant, but for that reason all patients need not be treated with authority, I have found many patients and relative, who are very kind and accepting adverse outcomes on many occasions

Doctor has to prove his/her bonafide . Comments on the said topic is subject to the facts of case.

Work honestly and with dedication. Maintain records in duplicate. Some pushing or pulling there after every case. Go to court fully prepared and used maximum medical terms during statement ,read them properly and use them with great confidence. During my 30 yrs of carrier as medico legal expert or as operating surgeon (Tubectomy and Vasectomy case ) in court of law or consumer court after my seniors told me I went to court fully prepared with facts and figures and technical terms . Lawyer instigate you by using various terms and presumption keep cool and give answer to the point using technical terms after all you study all subjects of medical and deliberately did nothing wrong. Purely personal views and are believe me effective too.

Supreme Court in Justin Sharma v. Batra hospital case " It is our bounden duty and obligation of the civil society to ensure that medical professionals are not unnecessarily harassed or humiliated so that they can perform their professional duties without fear and apprehension" So malicious proceedings of extracting money from doctors deserve to be discarded.

Cases that would interest you