Continued Case of Pulmonary TB

So the patient was advised for a Sputum for AFB and Sputum for CBNAAT(Genxpert), but somehow patient followed up with only AFB Zn staining report, which says it is 3+ Not doing CBNAAT is probably the cost factor, I have motivated him to get CBNAAT done, probably he will get it done soon Initiated him on ATT + Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine) and so on Just thought to update you all with this case Management What could be advised for diet and other supplements advise to facilitate weight gain?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Even if pt is not affording CBNAAT and as evident it is a c/o MDR I will advise to put the pt on CAT2 Add ethinomide 500mg 1tds and levofloxacine750mg 1od Yes high protein diet to be suggested

Thanx dr Pushkar ji Bhomia

View 3 other replies

Sir, I would suggest a few things 1, don't give empirical amoxyclav , has got antitubercular activity, and what is compulsion of giving Abs if we hv such a highly suspicious open TB case, wait for lab results 2, wait for Cbnaat available free of cost in govt hospital, only then start ATT, specialy in cases of recurrence or suspected MDR 3, HIV , history of Drug abuse, And HCV highly important in my protocol Just my opinion, no questioning Ur approach sir, Nice case though for discussion

Valuable opinion

View 2 other replies

You are on right track of Koch s management Cbnaat will not change perhaps your mangment already prescbrid by u If PT is nonveg egg should be a part of diet Veg PT should take soya peas leafy vegetables and fruits

I agree

View 1 other reply

Looks good Keep close eye on patient Monitor him for drug compliance Because of cost factor sometimes they may not take treatment In such case that can be referred to nearby government centre, Government of India has very nice antituberculosis programm, all medicines and all test are free

Nice Management When the TB process goes down (catabolism), inversely Anabolic process builds up., good balaced diet+ egg/protein diet will definitely increase wt.gain

Tq.dr.Ajeet pal singh

Continue same treatment sir. May send CBNAAT to govt hospital. High protein food . All daals, saya, nonveg , eggs, protein powder etc.

Gene expert must Protein powder Ciplactin Akt4 2 month akt3 4 month

Thank you doctor

Good job

Thank you doctor

You are on right track High protein diet adv Rest management is good

High Protein diet like soyabeans pulses,milk.mixed with easily digestive home made food such as yoghurt. If non-veg, then egg, meat.

Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion