COVID-19 Vaccine Updates

GOI has selected the priority groups who will be vaccinated on priority as they are at higher risk. The 1st group includes healthcare & frontline workers. The 2nd group to receive COVID 19 vaccine will be persons > 50 years of age & persons < 50 years with comorbid conditions. Recently Dr R. Guleria, Director, AIIMS-Delhi mentioned that “COVID- Vaccination going to be done at the government's expense & they are already prepared for it,". What challenges do you see, share your thought

20 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

I just want to inform my friends in curofy that I have been appointed one month back as District Immunization officer- Rajouri District- with a population of 760000 and a hilly terrain with some snow fall in higher reaches .It is a real challenge for me particularly being a general surgeon. Since one month - I have been working hard for prepared of vaccination of COVID-19 to Ist group of HCW's , second group of Frontline workers like army , police, municipal workers, 3rd group of above 50 Years and with co- morbid conditions and 4th group of remaining population. We have made an AEFI ( adverse events following immunization) commitee which will monitor and manage any anaphylaxis reaction or adverse effects and accordingly report it . A state level steering committee has been formed chaired by chief secretary, a state task force chaired by principal secretary, health and a State control room chaired by State immunization officer. Similarly a District level committee is formed SIt am convener / member secretary of district level AEFI committee and chairperson of district control room At vaccination sites across the state even in far flung areas - 3 rooms are established A waiting room.where beneficiaries only who are registered in CO-WIN module are allowed to enter .Two vaccination officers will look after them and check their identity Then there is a vaccination room - where only one beneficiary is allowed- 5 persons will in this room - A Doctor ( MBBS/ BDS / AYUSH ) , a staff nurse , an ANM , a pharmacist and a LHV .One of them will vaccinate COVID-19 vaccine from a multi dose vial - containing 10 doses .O.5 ml will be given I/ M over left upper arm. Then there will be an observation room where after vaccination, a person will have to wait for 30 minutes for AEFI. It will be looked after by 2 vaccination officers - preferably from police department as they will also manage crowd control at the vaccination site. Hopefully- vaccination will be started in 3rd or 4th week of January 2020 . This is how as D.I.O - I have planned Vaccination in my district Thanks

Congratulations for this great post sir and thankyou for this information. We are grateful to have Doctors like you on our Roundglass Curofy platform.

View 8 other replies

YES THE PROTOCOL OF COVID 19 VACCINATION IS PRIORITY BASES MEDECAL AND PARAMEDECS SENIOR PERSONS THEN THE COMMON PUBLIC ACCORDING TO DIRECTOR OF AIIMS DR R GULERIA THAT VACCINATION WILL BE AT THE GOVT EXPENSES MAIN PROBLEM IN INDIA WILL BE HUGE NUMBER OF PATIENTS AND HUGE POPULATION

Agree with Dr Parveen Yograj Efficacy with safety and temperature guidelines must be of prime concern.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 1 other reply

Very few people will take the vaccine initially based on preliminary surveys especially among doctors. Let's see.

Great protocol. Wush you success.

NICE UPDATE HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE

Great sir take care sir

@excellent

Diseases Related to Discussion

Rabies