Concluded Case

Heamorragic septicaemia

A dairy farm having a outbreak (1 cow and 2b.calf) died with symptoms, frothy salivation,excessive nasal discharge,shivering, dull and temp ranges from 102-105°f after the showing symptoms 2 calf animal died with in 8-12 hrs. cow purchased by farmer 3 days back which was first case. I am susspecting For H.S. Some photos of PM are there please suggest your valuable diagnosis

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Trachea seem clear and no blood tinged froath as usually seen in HS...However lungs seem consolidated hence can be suspected as HS . However further tests for bacterial isolation required as suggested by Dr PK Usretay Combination of Enroflox and Gentamicin is quite effective in tackling ....
All Answers
Symptoms and pm leagions suggested for HS confirm by BS Bipolar Road shape organism, Treatment suggested Inj Oxytetracycalin10mg i/vslow Inj Avil 10ml i/m Inj Aminophyllin 15ml i/v Normal animals immidately vaccinate with HS vaccine Carcse must be buried with lime away from the normal path,
Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Trachea seem clear and no blood tinged froath as usually seen in HS...However lungs seem consolidated hence can be suspected as HS . However further tests for bacterial isolation required as suggested by Dr PK Usretay Combination of Enroflox and Gentamicin is quite effective in tackling ....
Thank you doctor
in my opinion this is H.S , please get the blood smear examined , meanwhile treat the animal with this type of symptoms with sulfa dimidin inj 60ml slow iv and sulfa bolus 2 + 2 morning n evening . prevention vaccinate all the susceptible animals with H.S Vaccine .
Thank you doctor
Well presentation, congrats sir
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you