Unawareness of Child Vaccination

On this World Immunization Week I want to discuss an old case: A 18-month-old girl was brought by the mother with ear infection. She has been pulling her ear and crying. She was born at 36 weeks of gestation with 2000 grams of weight. No medication no hospitalizations. Breast feed until 6 months of age then went to formula. No other sibling. She did not receive any vaccine due to unawareness. Mother believes her nephew got Autism after vaccination. So she did not want to repeat the mistake. Physical examination: weight - 10.5 kg Hight - 83 CM RR - 20 beats/minute BP- 88/60 mmhg Clear tympanic membrane, EOM full No significant adenopathy. I counsel the parents. Now what are her vaccination schedule?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
As per GOI instruction. You start vaccination from BCG.Polio,and DPT. We in rural areas tasty vaccination whenever child brought to institution and follow protocol set By Govt of india. You may give Vaccine which GP Used. Vaccine provided by govt are adequate to protect the child from all preventable diseases in india.
Thanks Dr Vipin Bihari Jain
You can vaccinate for Tetanus and diphtheria TD For H influenza For BCG For Hepatits B virus
My appology. It's 18 months old, not years
THIS 18 YEARS OLD FEMALE.IS BORN.PREMATURE WITH LOW BITH WEIGHT BREAST FED FOR 6 MOMTHS ONLY HAS DELAYED MILE STONES DID NOT HAVE REGULAR VACINATIOS.DUE TO PHOBIA OF AUTISM OF HER COUSIN THOUGHT TO BE DUE VACINATION NOW SHE HAS GOT OTITS EXTERNA T MEMBRANE IS NORMAL AT HER AGE NOW WE CAN GIVE FLUE SHOT AND VACINE FOR I FECTI E HEPATITIS AE CANT GIVE OTHER VACINES AT HER 18 YEARS OF AGE

View 1 other reply

First visit:- Hib , MMR(1), OPV(1), Hep-B(1), DPT(1) Second visit(after 4 weeks) :- BCG,OPV(2),Hep-B(2),DPT(2) Third visit( after 8 weeks) :- OPV(3) Fourt visit (after 6 months) :- OPV (4), Hep-B (3), DPT(3).
Inj Td 1amp im repeat after 1 month Inj hepatitis B monthly total 3 doses Inj BCG after montoux test Inj cholera yrly Meningitis and influenza vaccine
BCG after montoux test, DPT 1, OPV 1 at monthly interval 3 dosages, Measles and 2ml vitaminA
No relationship between vaccination and autism, mother shud counsel properly and at 18yrs she can take all adult vaccination recommended in India.
No relationship between Immunisation & Autism
Adult vaccination in india

Cases that would interest you