Dear doctor pls tell me for my exam What is the Murphy's sign and related which desease. Thankyou.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Classically, Murphy's sign is tested for during an abdominal examination in supine position; it is performed by asking the patient to breathe out and then gently placing the hand below the costal margin on the right side at the mid-clavicular line (the approximate location of the gallbladder). To confirm ac.Cholecystitis of ang origin can primarily be detected. With this one can differncite Ac Cholecystitis from Mirizzi's Syndrome and Cholangitis.

Thank you doctor

IT'S USEFUL TO EXAMINES PATIENT OF .. CHOLECYSTITIS.. ASK THE PT. TO TAKE DEEP BREATH.. HOLD IT .. PALPATE ON RT.. SUBCOSTAL MARGIN OF OF ABDOMEN.. PAIN .. PRESENTS.

Thank you doctor

My gdness dr it seems u r taking our exams man. TODAY Murphy would have been delighted seeing we r discussing abt him. DR.JOHN BENJAMIN MURPHY okay i said in lighter vein . following drs have described well . murphys sign:seen in acute cholecystitis stage. Ask the ptn to take deep breathe,examination done while in sitting position,palpate at rt sub coastal areas,there is tenderness and catch in the breath at the height of inspiration.with a mass felt there.This sign not seen in chronic cholecystitis. when the examination done while in supine position this sign said as moynihans method of murphys sign. Wish u best of luck for ur exam.

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Murphy’s sign: ask patient to take deep breath and hold in while palpating subcostal area of abdomen Usually pain present Seen in acute cholecystitis patient

Thank you doctor

It’s pain in rt qudrant of abdomen Present in cholecystitis

Thank you doctor

Patients of cholecystitis

Thank you doctor

Pain in right side of abdomen. Right subcostal area . It is positive in cholecystitis.

Thank you doctor

It is positive in cholecystitis present in RT Quardrant of Abdomen,..

Thankyou dr

Pain related to chlorocystitis or stone gallbladder.

Thank you doctor

It is Sign for Acute cholecystitis

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you