Dear homeopaths Require your view on this case diagnosed as "MND" 46/f Symptoms towards homeopathic case taking as follows Ascending paralytic weakness began a yr ago with Rt sided foot drop . During investigation it was found that pt also had a benign thyroid nodule which was removed ( hoping it may reverse the case ) but it made no major changes -hence diagnosis of MND was clinched .. Patient always complained of low back ache Used to have reddish urine prior to development of these complains( bil. kidney stones found later in USG ) Currently patient is moving around and managing her activities with help /wheel chair..is experiencing weakness Facial countenance is happy yet..(also she s not aware of exact nature of her prob ), Her preference in food had always been sea food No difficulty in bowel bladder habits Apetite good.. Poor thirst /intake of water has always been der F/h -,mother -brain tumor and sister breasts ca No h/o neurological illnesses While it appears to point towards "lyco " on basis of general . Would still like to take your valuable suggestions on the other probable medicines Kindly share your thoughts and guide me ! Ty !!!

LikeAnswersShare

YES MADAM ITS A C/O RIGHT SIDED HEMIPERESIS MEANS RIGHT SIDED WEAKNESS. YES IT IS MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE .SEE MADAM IF THERE IS ANY PINPOINT HAEMMORRHAGE ON LEFT SIDE OF CEREBRAL HEMISPHERE. OR IN INTERNAL CAPSULE .FIND OUT H/O HYPERTENSION OR INTAKE OF ANY ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES TO RULE OUT THROMBOEMBOLIC PHENOMENON. TAKE MENSTRUAL HISTORY IN DETAIL .AND ENQUIRE ABOUT ANY HEAD INJURY IN THE PAST .SLEEP SYMPTOMS SHOULD BE ENQUIRED INTO DETAIL . ANAMNESIS OF CASE SHOULD BE DONE .THEN KINDLY THINK OF GELSEMIUM, LACHESIS , ARNICA MONATANA , LATHYRUS , IGNATIA .....AND BIOCHEMIC KALI.PHOS. 6X . RAJESHGOPAL.

Thank u for ur detailed inputs..there has not been any eventful menstrual problems..she has not been on any meds (yet will cross verify ),head injury shall ask as well ..per repertory some of the top most suggestion..(jus for discussion purpose ),is phos /caust /con./gels /ox.ac these are some of the meds seen.. Will probe further and keep u posted.

View 1 other reply

Dr Nritiya Dave.. Happy to discuss with you on this case.. you can give her causticum 1m Calc flour12x Gelsemium Q This combination is good in recovery.... Thank you.

Thank u very much for ur inputs sir

yes you are right it seems like lycopodium case. But lyco doesn't act well as a first remedy unless preceded by chelid, graph, calc, iod, lach, etc. Here phos ( desires sea food) also is likely to be such a prelim remedy to prepare her for the action of lycopodium

yes you are right it seems like lycopodium case. But lyco doesn't act well as a first remedy unless preceded by chelid, graph, calc, iod, lach, etc. Here phos ( desires sea food) also is likely to be such a prelim remedy to prepare her for the action of lycopodium

Somehow I feel Lycopodium has more marks than conium. By sea food if you mean oyster class again Lachesis precedes lyco, but conium has no marks for that symptom. Cheerfulness is not uncommon with Lachesis subjects

according to your histry. 1) accendng paralysis, F/H.. tumors ,cancer,thyroid nodule, unknown about her fetal disease,so I suggest CONIUM/1/0 for 4times / 15 days and next 0/5 for 15 days .

Yes dr ur right conium is one of the frequently appearing remedies seen in repertories and also well known such conditions

Dear dr s there r 2meds that seem to make way to my mind..lyco and conium.. Wenni read conium..its clearly for a deteriorating conditions with c/o vertigo and tinnitus which is among presenting complain.. Shall keep u posted reg development s..thank u for all ur valuable inputs

Lyco ,conium , caust like medicine can work... U may give after differentiating it... Along with k. P 12x work well mam...

I had a case of MND came on wheel chair.. After a thorough history I chose Natrum Mur. And I gave him a single dose in CM. And sac Lac x 2 months. He gradually improved and regained his LL and UL strength and after six months started walking!!!

That's really nice sir ..kudos !

a good case taking. pleasure to work out.

Pleasure s mine as well.. To be able to have valuable discussion
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you