Dermatitis with accidental finding of asymptomatic Hypertension

70 year old male presented to OPD today with skin problem Chief Complaints His main complaints were only of skin irritation and pruritus over back extending to hips, esp. while changing clothes at night He also added that it happened the same last winters too Vitals I asked for his BP assessment and it came out to be, even on both arms,it was above 200 BP - 215 /100 mmHg Pulse - 100/min Management Meanwhile, I have mentioned patient has refused for anti hypertensives Started him on - Allegra 180 mg OD, PPI 30 mins before breakfast, Tab. Atarax 25 mg HS, Cetaphil Lotion local application thrice daily, I didnt want to prescribe him Wysolone 10 mg due to his high BP, but have given him in OD instead of BD Review after 3 days Please give your opinion on this case

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

NEED'S.. STEROIDS WITH TAPERING DOSE SCHEDULE.. TOPICALLY AND ORALLY.. MOISTURIZERS.. ANTIHISTAMINES AS PER REQUIREMENT FOR ITCHING.. BSR..HBA1C.. FOLLOW UP..

Tnx Dr Vipin Bihari Jain sir

Check HBA1C.. Hypertension needs to be taken care of... Nebivolol 5 mg OD.. I think Steroid tab and oral application in shorter span right low doses need to start.

since lesion not mentioned..from clinical pic looks to be hyperpigmented macular patch with scaling rash ,could be DD:pityriasis versicoloror postinflmmatory hyperpigmentation due to eczema grade 3 hypertension with tachycardia. ur three combination drug confused me: atarax-allegra-steroid. further evaluation with reports may require.

Thanks for ur appreciation Dr vipin jain sir..

Looks DRY ECZEMA Start anti hypertensive Check HBA1C Start steroids too Add cl rt GM application

Follicular eczema... ??? Scabies...