Diagnosis and management. Which organism is commonly responsible

Diagnosis and management. Which organism is commonly responsible for this condition

LikeAnswersShare

Dx :- Mastitis with breast abscess, extended to upper both quadrant. Source of infection - Skin surface or from breast fed baby. Portal of entry : Through duct of nipple (milk duct) . Advice : - Immediate I&D under GA or deep sedation & LA to drain all pockets, if necessary gauze (soaked with povidone iodine lotion) pack is given and under coverage of antibiotics of choice. Drainage pus should be immediately sent for Gram's stain, culture and sensitivity and Z.N Stain. In the era of MRSA, VRSA - Patient should be put on suitable antibiotics as per antibiogram reports. Daily dressing of the wound with povidone iodine lotion and ointment. EBM of Rt breast should be discarded still would become healed. There after feeding of Rt breast should be encouraged if she is lactating mother. Staphylococcus aureus is the most common organism responsible for this condition.

Staphylococcus aureus may be MSSA, MRSA or VRSA. Culture report will say what type of isolate it is.

Retracted nipple right breast with superficial abscess upper and inner quadrant, it is commonly caused by staphylococcus, Treatment would be adequate drainage under suitable antibiotics cover, dressing, ruleout DM and any immunosuppressive conditions.

Staphylococcus aureus is the most common organism causing localised suppurative lesions like breast abscess in this particular case. I & D should be done followed by pus culture and rule out MRSA. If MRSA then need linezolide or vancomycin after antibiotic susceptibility testing.

Staphylococcus aureus is the most common organism causing breast abscess.. Please get the pus cultured after I&D.. We are in the era of drug resistance and possibility of MRSA cannot be ruled out which won't respond to betalactams..

It's an infected sub.cyst of the breast. staphylococcus is he common organism.

Staphylococcus.

Staphylococcus aureus, most common, should go for Pus C/S to rule out For MRSA & to know about antibiotics sensitivity pattern

line of treatment.. inj ceftrioxone sulbectum tab augmentin (625) bd tab cefalexin (500)bd tab accelo Sera bd tab pantop bd

breast abcess, needs I/d ,c.augmenting ,metrogyl ,amikacin,caused by staph .aurius

Staphylococcus

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion