Diarrhea with Vomiting

A 28 year old female housewife by profession Chief Complaints Complaints of 7 to 8 episodes of loose motions, 2 to 3 episodes of vomiting and mild abdominal discomfort with vertigo, weakness and dryness of mouth too She had tried Norflox TZ before coming to me but it came out due to vomiting Physical Examination Temp - Afebrile BP - 110/80 PR - 110/min Management I had started her on IV plus oral IV ceftriaxone-sulbactum 1.5 gm BD, IV Oflox 100ml BD, IV Perinorm 1 amp IM stat, IV pantoprazole 40mg IV 12 hourly, IV Anafortan 1amp IM 12 hourly, Cap Redotil 100mg TDS After three doses of all above mentioned, she was feeling better, I had done her CBC and TLC were 14,500. Shall I progress with the same treatment or change ABs?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

I always feel Norflox- TZ should not be given in acute gastroenteritis as Tinidazole or Ornidazole itself causes severe gastritis and promotes more vomitings. Rifaximin 550 mg T.D.S is a better option . But in this case - the treatment you are giving need to be continued for 2 more days as TLC is 14 ,500 - before switching to Rifaximin and PPI

Valuable opinion

? GASTROENTERITIS.. NEED'S.. SATROGYL-O.. PPI.. ONDANCETRAN.. INJ.. AMIKACIN.. IV..DNS..RL.. PROBIOTICS.. ORS..ELECTRAL..

I agree

View 1 other reply

Her vomiting may have been aggravated by tinidazole She is a c/o gasteroenteritis and do need addititon of ornidazole in iv rest continue

Thanx dr Ajeet Singh

View 1 other reply

Patient is getting better You seen to be in right tract She did not respond to ofloxacin Therefore there is no need to continue with ofloxacin

I agree

@Ajeet Singh Gastroenteritis Continue same, plz add rifaximin 400 bd Probiotics , electric powder Anti emetics and PPI

I am agree with@Dr. Kute Ankush Sir. And@Dr. Shivraj Agarwal Sir.

Thanx dr

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you